Water Cooling Fluid and Additive Australia

isaacwinkler

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015
Hi everyone,

So basically I am trying to work out the fluid for my loop but everything I find seems to cause some problem somewhere else! Living in Australia doesn't seem to help either!

- Initially was going to go with pre-mixed ek-cryofuel (keep things simple and since I have ekwb water cooling components) but apparently it can clog up and cause other build ups.

- Then I considered distilled water with PT nuke or silver coil. PT nuke is non-existent in Australia and costs a fortune to ship here and silver coil reacts badly with nickel plated components.

- The only thing remaining i can see is distilled + mayhem biocide extreme but not sure how it will play with my ekwb components.

If you have any suggestions for something I can get in Australia they would be greatly appreciated!

Parts:
- EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM RGB (replace reservoir with x3 400)
- EKWB EK-CoolStream XE 480
- EKWB EK-FC1080 GTX Ti Strix Nickel Water Block
- EKWB EK-FB Asus Z270E Strix Monoblock (works with Z370-E too)
- EKWB EK-HD Tube 12/16mm (acrylic)
- EKWB EK-HDC Fitting 16mm G1/4

Thanks
isaacwinkler

Solution
from my experience there is no problem with distilled water + mayhems biocide. It's actually my favorite mix.
As for your pump/res combo, there is an anti-vortex foam. Under any circumstances don't use it. Throw it away, burn it, but never put it in use. It has tendency to dissolve.
from my experience there is no problem with distilled water + mayhems biocide. It's actually my favorite mix.
As for your pump/res combo, there is an anti-vortex foam. Under any circumstances don't use it. Throw it away, burn it, but never put it in use. It has tendency to dissolve.

Solution

isaacwinkler

Reputable
Mar 3, 2015

As long as there is no reaction with the mayhem biocide, I will go down that route then.

Good to know about the anti-vortex foam, wasn't planning on using it anyway but surprised it would dissolve!

Imagine my surprise when I had to cleat it from the blocks microfins and other parts. Spent a whole day on cleaning the system. had to take it completely apart including blocks and pump disassembly. And all I had in mind is to spend 30 minutes on changing liquid.
The funny thing is that when I googled it, people where reporting it for few years and EK even not bothered to put a warning.
By that time I already knew that I'm done with EK for other reasons such as better performing or more advanced parts in every category from others. That incident marked EK as - "don't touch this crap".