Water Cooling HELP!?

humanage

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Solution
Makes sense.

As you get older, it would be wise to learn as much as you can about things in life you find important. This may sound repetitive and boring now, but as you understand more about how things work, you will see how the properties and principles of some actually allow you to understand something new in life due to similarities.

The greatest thing about getting an education is not what you learn, but understanding HOW you learn.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Seriously...these questions are all answered in the links I provided. You are asking very basic questions that should be covered by reading stickies and info about understanding watercooling. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but educating yourself goes a long ways in understanding subject material and makes you a more informed consumer.

humanage

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
I'm sorry!
Last thing: is this a good setup?

Reservoir: Ek Water Blocks EK-BAY Spin 5.25IN Bay Reservoir with Flow Meter & Waterfall - Acetal

Radiator:
Swiftech MCR220 Quiet Power Dual 120MM Water Cooling Radiator Black G1/4 Threaded

Liquid:
Feser One Fluid UV Blue NON-CONDUCTIVE Water Replacement for Liquid Cooling

Pump:
Swiftech MCP655 12V Industrial Water Cooling Pump 1/2IN Barbs

CPU Waterblock:
Ek Water Block EK-SUPREME LT Nickel LGA1366/LGA1156 CPU Water Block G1/4

Tubing:
Primochill Primoflex Pro LRT UV Blue 1/2IN ID 3/4IN OD Tubing (10 Feet)

Barb Fittings:
Bitspower G1/4 High Flow 1/2IN Barb Fittings for 1/2IN ID Tubing - Dark Nickel Plated (Pair)

I'm going to cool an 1155 Intel i5 2500k 4.3GHz+

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I think you are jumping into something you have absolutely zero understanding about. I can't comprehend why this was such a rushed decision on your part, without any research or learning involved. Consider yourself lucky you didn't get help from people who are clueless on watercooling and told you to buy stuff you ultimately would regret.

I just don't understand the mindset of 'gimmie, gimmie, gimmie...tell me now, so I don't have to learn.' I always want to know every detail of any legitimately long-term purchase; from PC/watercooling components, to TVs, cars, digital cameras, etc.

humanage

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Okay, I understand. One question for you though, is the setup I want going to likely work properly? I saw the one you showed me, it's cheap, but I'm not sure I like it too much.

dhongkool1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
go ahead and buy your loop without any research
then come back to us whining about how you're loop leaked and killed ur computer
are you really trusting this ALL on complete strangers?
do some research then come back

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Makes sense.

As you get older, it would be wise to learn as much as you can about things in life you find important. This may sound repetitive and boring now, but as you understand more about how things work, you will see how the properties and principles of some actually allow you to understand something new in life due to similarities.

The greatest thing about getting an education is not what you learn, but understanding HOW you learn.

Solution

d0gr0ck

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Heh, I wanted to watercool when I was 13, but I had neither the money or the know-how. It wasn't till my late teens that I had the money to buy a system. It took another 2 years before I felt I and the knowledge to watercool, and I still made mistakes.

Do yourself a favor and earnestly read and explore what rubix has linked you, and then read the links within the guides he's provided. His patience is amazing so long as your educated about your intended task. Watercooling is never something I'd recommend on a whim. If you can't see how the path of tubing inside your case will work before you purchase than you are likely to overspend and make mistakes.

Don't you want to learn yourself what is best? Echoing what has been said here multiple times: do you really want total strangers to tell you who to spend your money? You haven't even made a statement about what you want to cool or what case your working inside of. You could go ahead and buy the RASA kit, but without proper knowledge it's not very likely you'll significantly surpass air cooling potential if you just chuck it in there with nary a consideration of water and air flows.

(whew, mini rant over)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Thanks, guys. Just trying to help.

@OP- Please, please....do yourself a favor and do some reading into watercooling, and see if it's something you still want to do. It is quite rewarding once you understand and implement a loop that performs like you want it to.

Still...a few things remain unanswered:

What is your budget?

What are you trying to cool...CPU only? CPU+GPU?

What components and what case are you using?