Question Water cooling in a NZXT H510 Elite case ?

May 1, 2023
First time posting, need advice on water cooling a Ryzen 9 5900 and a 3080 Ti FE in a NZXT H510 Elite Case.

As i mentioned i am a newcomer to this site and to Custom Watercooling scenery.

I have a Ryzen 9 5900 at stock performance and a Stock performance Founders Editon 3080ti that i want to watercool. The case is a NZXT H510 Elite. As i mentioned, i want to water cool them both and i am wondering if 1x240mm rad and maybe a 120mm Rad would surffice for my gaming needs. I don’t intend to overclock either of them.

I am asking the watercooling community what your opinion is on my idea and if my setup will work, or will i have to change the case ?

Thanx for the quick response any info helps.
Crispy214

boju

Titan
Ambassador
There'll be responses suggesting water coolers i suppose, but from me, if i can change your mind going air instead, like the Noctua D15s or Deepcool ak620 you'll be better off. 5900x doesn't need water nor graphics card. There are reasons why. Not only is there risks with leaks and corrosion but be prepared for ongoing costs for pump replacements every 2~3 years. Not only that but no hsf means vrms on the motherboard doesn't get air dragged over them, that's another 👎 for water.

Reactions: geofelt
I beleive the front of the 510 Elite is tempered glass. If so then this is not acceptale for water coling due to lack of airflow. The small side vents are not adequate.

I have us the 510 case, not the elite version. It's a good case but has it's limitations.

Get the Flow versions by NZXT if you want to use an AIO.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, not in that chassis. No top mount or exhaust is a deal breaker. That means you could only do a front radiator, and even if you put in a thick 280mm that would be pushing things. Wouldn't be much better than air cooling temperatures I think.

In the 510 Elite the front radiator would be starved for air, and there would likely be only enough room for a single set of fans. Then relying on the rear exhaust to do everything. I don't think it would overheat, but it would cost a lot for little gain.

Reactions: Phaaze88
May 1, 2023
Thanx for all your replys i think i need a new case. I was worried and not sure but you guys have definitely confirmed my fears.

Thanx for the help anyway

What is your objective with water cooling?
If it is just to try it and experiment, then go for it.

But, if you think liquid cooling is going to fix some problem, then reconsider.

Gaming is not going to stress all 24 threads of a R9-5900.
Most games will use only a handful of them. That results in less heat generation.

Overclocking is no longer a way to get something for nothing.
Processors are binned, and if your 5900 were capable of a significant overclock, it would be used in a 5950x

Ditto on the 3080. If the 3080 chip were capable of a good overclock, it would be used in a factory overclocked version that sells for more.
If you need better graphics performance, buy a stronger card and do not risk damaging what you have via overclocking.