Question water cooling in focus g mini case and prime b350m a motherboard (not sure if it will fit)

Jul 5, 2019
Hello people.

I am now in a rough spot. i have a deadline i need to hit for my project, but i cant risk my pc anymore, yesterday it hit 98 degrees on cpu, and i need to fix it today, since no shop near me works tomorrow.

My biggest problem now is that i am not home, so i cant see what is my exact free space on the top of my case to motherboard.

In theory i think i can take off 2 front fans and put radiator there, but i would like not to do so.

My case if fractal design focus g mini with prime b350m-a motherboard, and cooler i am looking at is nztx x52.

Links if needed

https://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/focus-series/focus-g-mini

https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Prime-B...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B06WRWZNJC

https://www.nzxt.com/products/kraken-x52

There is a spot at the top for 2 fans, but I doubt you will a double wide radiator in there. Looks like it would hit the RAM (just eyeballing it). If you are determined to use the water cooler, I think you will have to put the radiator in the front. I would reverse the rear fan to blow in ... add a top fan (move an existing fan) blowing in ... and have the radiator blowing out the front. Should work assuming the case is not crammed into a small space.

Other options ... check the existing cooler (paste, reseat, fan speed, etc) ... better air cooler (I assume you are using stock) ... underclock your CPU ... pull off the side panel and put a box fan next to your rig ... ??

Jul 5, 2019
There is a spot at the top for 2 fans, but I doubt you will a double wide radiator in there. Looks like it would hit the RAM (just eyeballing it). If you are determined to use the water cooler, I think you will have to put the radiator in the front. I would reverse the rear fan to blow in ... add a top fan (move an existing fan) blowing in ... and have the radiator blowing out the front. Should work assuming the case is not crammed into a small space.

Other options ... check the existing cooler (paste, reseat, fan speed, etc) ... better air cooler (I assume you are using stock) ... underclock your CPU ... pull off the side panel and put a box fan next to your rig ... ??

I am working in a field of developer / 3d so underclocking my cpu is problematic and feels bad.

pc has 30 cm space in the back from the wall, other sides are ok. i did redo paste 3 times in 6 months and does no deference...
I am not so hardcore in hardware so im always kinda afraid to do anything.

so radiator fans as intake, 2 from the front as otutake. i have one more fan that can do anything.

There is room for 2 fans on top.

3D work ... heavy video card usage? If so, you might be better off with the radiator blowing in and top and rear fans blowing out. You will be adding a bit of heat inside the case, but will lower your CPU temps more that way.

Jul 5, 2019
There is room for 2 fans on top.

3D work ... heavy video card usage? If so, you might be better off with the radiator blowing in and top and rear fans blowing out. You will be adding a bit of heat inside the case, but will lower your CPU temps more that way.

Its all around heavy usage.

Thanks for the answer :)

TRENDING THREADS