Water cooling noob needs help

Hello and thank you in advance. I bought the EK-HD 10/12 millimeter adapters for my water cooling setup. Do I simply stick the tubing into the adapter? It's not supposed to come apart for like a compression fitting is it? I crammed the end of a tube in the fitting and it goes in snug. I'm just used to all the video tutorials I've seen having compression type fittings I guess. Thanks for in advance for helping with a stupid question. I appreciate it

Solution
You are correct, from what i can tell via a quick search, all you do is insert the tube and that's it.
I don't have much experience with hard tubing.

All hard tubing fittings work the same way really, even the ones where the compression part comes off, they just hold the o-rings and tubing in place, it doesn't take much force to pull the tubing out.
Once the loop is all together the tubing can't really go anywhere.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
If you are using barb fittings then you need some kind of clamp to go over it to securely hold the tube in place.

If you are talking about hard tube fittings, the compressing part just clamps down the orings they don't secure the tubing like a soft tubing compressing fitting.

1459755832894-680424862_zpsmm3db8cs.jpg

1459756181072904369205_zpsvncy9bsf.jpg

That's the fitting. And yes it's hard tubing. From what I can tell it does not open in any way. I simply stuff the tube in there and it grabs it nice and tight.

ShadyHamster

Distinguished
You are correct, from what i can tell via a quick search, all you do is insert the tube and that's it.
I don't have much experience with hard tubing.

All hard tubing fittings work the same way really, even the ones where the compression part comes off, they just hold the o-rings and tubing in place, it doesn't take much force to pull the tubing out.
Once the loop is all together the tubing can't really go anywhere.

Solution