Reputable
Jun 12, 2014
CPU: i5-4690k
mobo: z97 pro4
gpu: twin frozrV gtx 970
case: spec 03
cpu cooling: cryorig h7

I wanted to know on whether I should use water cooling or air cooling,
I overclock to about 4.5ghz at 1.250v and have idle temps of about 40c and load temps of around 64c

I'm currently using a cryorig h7 and it is huge in this case, the height is amazing but the width almost blocks three fan headers and cpu power cable, so it looks ugly

I was wondering if there is any closed loop water cooling thing that I could buy for less than $80 preferably less than $60 but I can go to 80 if necessary

Solution
Well, being as I have a custom loop, I know that you don't really have to worry about leaks unless you don't tighten things like you're supposed to. So, not the loops fault there. But, yes it does require more maintenance, but the cooling trade off is way better. And unfortunately the dollar point is much higher.

As far as AIO coolers go, the Corsair H80i, H100i, and H110 are great AIO cooler. There are other brands out there and they all will do about the same give or take sound and cooling performance by a couple degrees at most. I have an H80i in my first AMD build and it works wonderfully and I installed an H110 in my sister's intel PC and its great as well. The Corsair UI for the coolers sucks, but they do cool the CPU very well.

jdcranke07

Honorable
To get a good AIO cooler you would be paying about the $100 mark to be honest. But, there are cheaper ones that do the same as most air coolers can. If you want to see real cooling happen then you would have to fork out the cash for it unfortunately. And AIO coolers can only go so far in their cooling capabilities.

hatin lovin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

from what ive heard, custom loops are much more expensive and have a greater risk of leakage, also require more maintenance than an AIO water cooler

and tbh I really don't want to have to deal with a leakage and worrying if somethings wrong so I guess ill go with the $100 mark then,

any recommendations there?

jdcranke07

Honorable
Well, being as I have a custom loop, I know that you don't really have to worry about leaks unless you don't tighten things like you're supposed to. So, not the loops fault there. But, yes it does require more maintenance, but the cooling trade off is way better. And unfortunately the dollar point is much higher.

As far as AIO coolers go, the Corsair H80i, H100i, and H110 are great AIO cooler. There are other brands out there and they all will do about the same give or take sound and cooling performance by a couple degrees at most. I have an H80i in my first AMD build and it works wonderfully and I installed an H110 in my sister's intel PC and its great as well. The Corsair UI for the coolers sucks, but they do cool the CPU very well.

Solution

hatin lovin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

so both h100i and h110 going for the same price rn so ill get the h110 and was wondering If you know any good fans instead of the stocks?

jdcranke07

Honorable

There is a big difference between those two models, so make sure you get the one that properly fits your case. The H110 uses 140mm fans and the H100i uses 120mm fans. As far as fans go, I use Noctua. Their main line doesn't spin as fast as some other fans, but they don't need to. They rotate at about 1500rpm and are super quiet in comparison to the Corsair static pressure fans that come with the AIO coolers.

hatin lovin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

ah your right, the h110 wouldn't fit :(
the h100i it is and I will look at the noctua

thank you!
so both h100i and h110 going for the same price rn so ill get the h110 and was wondering If you know any good fans instead of the stocks?