[SOLVED] Water Cooling Parts Compatibility Check

behbooeid

Prominent
Feb 9, 2019
I have picked up all the parts I would need for a custom water cooling project. I have a NZXT H500 case with Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming, intel i7 9800x, RTX 2080 ti(EVGA black edition). Here are my parts:

- XSPC TX120 ULTRATHIN RADIATOR with 2 x XSPC G1/4 to 3/8 ID 1/2 OD Compression Fitting
- EK-VECTOR RTX 2080 TI - COPPER + ACETAL with 2 x EK-ACF Compression Fitting 10/13mm
- EK-VECTOR RTX BACKPLATE - BLACK
- EK-VELOCITY - COPPER + ACETAL with 2 x EK-ACF Compression Fitting 10/13mm
- XSPC X4 PHOTON 170 RESERVOIR/PUMP COMBO with 2 x XSPC G1/4 to 3/8 ID 1/2 OD Compression Fitting
- XSPC TX240 ULTRATHIN RADIATOR with 2 x XSPC G1/4 to 3/8 ID 1/2 OD Compression Fitting
- 2 x XSPC G1/4 90° ROTARY FITTING - BLACK CHROME FINISH

I have excluded coolant, tubing, and fan from the list since that's straight forward.
I want the rotary fittings for the ease of connecting my reservoir to the 240mm rad(I'm doing a reservoir over rad setup).
So I just want to know if these parts will work fine together.

Thanks

Solution
OK. Thicker rads should provide a bit more cooling, but generally radiator capacity is biggest factor for temps. I would suggest getting low FPI rads, and quiet quality made fans best made for low RPM and high pressure. You can stay with thin, but I would use as much capacity with cooling as possible so temps are low from sustained load while being near silent.
The components themselves should be compatible, but what are your goals with regards to cooling capability? I'm seeing a 120mm and 240mm which I'm assuming the 120mm for CPU and 240 for GPU. If so, this isn't enough capacity for these types of components for the cost involved in custom cooling in my opinion. The CPU alone at stock is a 165W TPD component, and single thin 120 isn't going to provide good cooling for it. Do you have OC intentions as well?

behbooeid

Prominent
Feb 9, 2019

behbooeid

Prominent
Feb 9, 2019

No I am not planning on OC. Just doing water cooling for the sake of quietness. My GPU is going to be full load nonstop for days and since my work setup is in my bedroom I don't wanna deal with the jet engine like sound of the GPU at night.

behbooeid

Prominent
Feb 9, 2019

The things I do are not CPU demanding for the most part. I may occasionally game(basic stuff though like LoL). Do you recommend getting two thick rads? I was a little worried about the noise they may potentially make because of air resistance that was the reason I decided to get ultra thin since less noise is my first priority.

OK. Thicker rads should provide a bit more cooling, but generally radiator capacity is biggest factor for temps. I would suggest getting low FPI rads, and quiet quality made fans best made for low RPM and high pressure. You can stay with thin, but I would use as much capacity with cooling as possible so temps are low from sustained load while being near silent.

Solution