[SOLVED] Water cooling third party GPU

aaronjk99

Reputable
Aug 21, 2016
I've got a watercooling kit that I bought a few years ago in a sale and it's been collecting dust ever since so I want to put it to use, it only has a block for the CPU so it's probably not designed for GPU and CPU cooling but I don't mind getting newer parts (i.e a bigger pump, a GPU block, more piping etc) to bring it up to standard. If I'm going to do a custom water cooling loop I want to cover both CPU and GPU.

I currently have a Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080TI Xtreme and an Intel i9-9900k with a corsair H110i, so it probably isn't even worth upgrading (if it can even be considered an upgrade) which probably leads you to ask why the hell I want to replace it all, the answer is I get bored easily and want to do something to my PC.

My main question is, will a GPU water block fit onto a GPU with a third party cooler? Does the thirid party add to or modify the PCB or do something that would stop a GPU block fitting properly? Thanks for any advice in advance :)

Solution
Custom PCBs generally require a specfic GPU block. Luckily for you, most high end GPUs have a model produced by the various watercooling vendors.

Not too far back either, so shouldn't be hard to track down a GPU block for a 2080Ti of almost any type.

There are universal blocks, but they generally only cover the GPU and not the VRMs or memory.

As for your pump, if you have some custom kit, the pump is likely powerful enough for most loops with two or three components cooled.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Custom PCBs generally require a specfic GPU block. Luckily for you, most high end GPUs have a model produced by the various watercooling vendors.

Not too far back either, so shouldn't be hard to track down a GPU block for a 2080Ti of almost any type.

There are universal blocks, but they generally only cover the GPU and not the VRMs or memory.

As for your pump, if you have some custom kit, the pump is likely powerful enough for most loops with two or three components cooled.

Reactions: aaronjk99
Solution

aaronjk99

Reputable
Aug 21, 2016

Thank you! I'll look into the GPU block you linked. Really helpful answer!

TRENDING THREADS