Water damage issues

May 30, 2018
Had water spill on my graphics card yesterday through the top of my case, at first it would not turn on and then turn on with intel hd until eventually it would turn on and recognize the card but the issue im having now is 15-30 minutes of being on the computer the screen goes this purple black with a loud buzzing noise and then the screen turns off or the computer restarts itself, what should I do about it? is it a new card necessary or can I do something to this one.

Solution
Unfortunately, the one thing you absolutely, positively, do not do after spilling water on your PC is turning it on. You're supposed to turn it off as close to the instant you spill the liquid as you can't, disassemble and dry all the parts, and let them dry out for a *minimum* of a day. If you turned off the PC immediately after the spill, it's quite possible that it was your checking to see if the PC worked that caused the damage.

All that you can do at this point is disassemble the PC, check for moisture properly, wait a day, and see what happens. Any part that isn't functioning due to water damage is almost certainly a dead part at this point.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Unfortunately, the one thing you absolutely, positively, do not do after spilling water on your PC is turning it on. You're supposed to turn it off as close to the instant you spill the liquid as you can't, disassemble and dry all the parts, and let them dry out for a *minimum* of a day. If you turned off the PC immediately after the spill, it's quite possible that it was your checking to see if the PC worked that caused the damage.

All that you can do at this point is disassemble the PC, check for moisture properly, wait a day, and see what happens. Any part that isn't functioning due to water damage is almost certainly a dead part at this point.

Solution