Question Water damaged keyboard

Aug 2, 2021
Hello,
3 days ago, I spilled a little bit of water on my membrane keyboard (Logitech Deluxe 250). I unplugged it and flipped it. I let the water drip out and then i disassembled it and let it dry. Today I plugged it back and the W key and , aren't working. I tried wiping the cirquit boards with some soft cloth tissue, and cleaned the membrane itself but it still doesn't work.
Have you had similiar issues? Did you fix it by doing something? Or is buying a new keyboard the onyly option now.

Lutfij

Titan
I had a friend disassemble a rubber domed keyboard back in the 2000's and he ran a dry tissue along the membrane/PCB area. Reassembled it and the keystrokes were registering properly!

The part where the rubber domed membrane contacts the PCB's contacts is what you should be concerned with. See if you can take a dry kitchen towel or cloth to absorb any residual moisture off the keyboard's PCB. It should be back up and running.

Aug 2, 2021
I tried that. I even put some lego pieces between the pcb layers so it can dry, the key still doesn't work. Is it possible that the pcb is damaged permanentelly?

TRENDING THREADS