Water Loop Coolant - Distilled water or premix / nano fluids

Ale_Ma

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017
Hey,

I've been planning to make my own custom cooling loop, and I've basically planned everything I need apart from one thing: the coolant.

My initial thought was to use Mayhems Pastel, but after reading a couple forums, I became very confused as to what I should get, people seem to be very split in ideas about this matter:

some people say pastel is horrible, to use distilled water and PT nuke,
some say to use distilled water with a concentrated dye with PT nuke or silver coil,
and some say that pastel is amazing.

So I'd like to know what experience you've had with pastel or any dye.

I'd also really appreciate if you told me how many times I need to flush my loop before adding the coolant , maybe I need the Mayhems Blitz kit?

Thanks a lot, this is the last thing I need to make my dream PC come true :)

Specs:

CPU: AMD Threadripper 1900x
MOBO: ROG Zenith Extreme
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED 64gb 3000mhz (red)
GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC
PSU: EVGA 750G2
CASE: Cooler Master h500p (if this doesn't support EATX ill chose another one)
STORAGE: Samsung 960 evo 250gb / samsung 850 evo 250gb & 500gb

(everything is brand new apart from the GPU and ssds)

All cooling parts will be supplied by EKWB.

Thanks again.

Solution
I have an impression that you are over complicating a bit :)
If something happens you just soak it with paper towels and dry it with a fan. no need for service with any of them.
And don't believe everything you read on the web. people will go as far as saying that it was a virus that spilled a coffee on the keyboard instead of admitting they've done some stupid :)
there is nothing wrong with going either way (beside silver coils).
you can fill the system with distilled water + biocide
and you can use premix coolants or concentrates.
I've used the former for about a decade (the system block was out of view) and when I moved to mini ITX on the desk, I switched to mayhmes pastel extreme white (concentrate that is mixed with distilled water at home).

regarding flashing ... the only component that requires flashing is radiator. just flash them with warm water few times before installation. I do it with running tap water.

Ale_Ma

Commendable
Jan 12, 2017

Thanks for your reply,
I think that im going to use distilled water, as i just read about Mayhems service, i dont want to have problems if something happens.

Thanks again

I have an impression that you are over complicating a bit :)
If something happens you just soak it with paper towels and dry it with a fan. no need for service with any of them.
And don't believe everything you read on the web. people will go as far as saying that it was a virus that spilled a coffee on the keyboard instead of admitting they've done some stupid :)

Solution