Question Water loop GTX 1080Ti + i5 9600k

ElementCZ

Reputable
Feb 27, 2016

Hello guys,

I was thinking about finally jumping on the water cooling train. I would like to cool both gpu and cpu
However, I would need some advice.
Problem n.1 is definitely space. Because I would like to have 280mm front rad (as a start, maybe expand it with some 120m back rad or 240m top rad)
I would like D5 pump with some reservoir, but can it somehow be mounted horizontally? (Under the GPU probably)
I found a full cover block for the GPU (Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Gaming 11GB OC) on aliexpress (nowhere else)
Definitely gonna use soft tubes since its first loop

Was thinking about something like this: ( View: https://imgur.com/a/N4vxkrk
)
BTW the pump and reservoir should be above PSU shroud (if that's not obvious), I would like to leave shroud there if it is anyhow possible)
Any advice is welcome

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You are going to be pressed for space simply from looking at this image and your overlay of the radiator - you still need to account for fans and you're not really accounting for enough room for the pump and reservoir and while laying horizontal could work, it is going to be difficult to prime and fill the loop.

ElementCZ

Reputable
Feb 27, 2016
You are going to be pressed for space simply from looking at this image and your overlay of the radiator - you still need to account for fans and you're not really accounting for enough room for the pump and reservoir and while laying horizontal could work, it is going to be difficult to prime and fill the loop.
Yeah. Thats the thing. I could fit 280mm 30mm thick rad in front with those fans and there will be like 10mm between gpu and the fans (which is bad but will work)
I could fill it horizontally holding the top out of case while filling it. Just did some research and come across this pump/reservoir combo (with D5 pump) https://www.alphacool.com/shop/rese...voir-incl.-alphacool-eispumpe-vpp755-v.3-pump and the reservoir isn't that big which really don't bother me. 105mm heigh which could fit under the gpu full block