[SOLVED] Water or Air cooler for i7-6700K ?

Solution
1)6700K, even with an overclock, is still below the point where liquid coolers overtake air.
2)Nothing wrong with the NH-D15, though I prefer, and currently use the D15S: performs on par with the original, with none of it's compatibility issues... it doesn't have a Chromax version, which is the only downside.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
1)6700K, even with an overclock, is still below the point where liquid coolers overtake air.
2)Nothing wrong with the NH-D15, though I prefer, and currently use the D15S: performs on par with the original, with none of it's compatibility issues... it doesn't have a Chromax version, which is the only downside.

Solution

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
Before u buy anything u can oc ur cpu with cooler u have now and see how much voltage u need minimum to boot maybe u won the silicon lottery maybe u lost it so the oc plan u have on ur mind dont work as u intend too at first no reason to run stress test to if the oc is stable just look if the system boots and at idle temps. I own D-15 chromax black i5 8600k is my cpu and performs real well and i dont like water cooling cause in case of fail u might need to replace more than a cooler. I ll attack u 2 screenshots to see some temps cpu run at 4.1 and cpu run at 4.3.

TRENDING THREADS