Water Pump connector

Jan 11, 2019
Hi everyone,i have "Msi Meg Z390 ACE" motherboard and it has "1 x 4-pin Water Pump connector",also i have "H150i PRO RGB" water cooling should i connect pump cable into this connector instead of CPU_FAN connector?Just to make sure,cuz it's my second PC build and this is first time i met this water pump connector.

Solution
Note that all fans on the fan splitter will run at the same speed. And I would select 4-pin PWM fans for your case fans and radiator fans.

But do install a fan of some sort on the CPU fan header.
Jan 11, 2019

I thought pump gonna constantly running at 100% if i use "1 x 4-pin Water Pump connector".Is that right?

Jan 11, 2019

One more question,fans from radiator i should simply plug into the PWM from pump right?

Jan 11, 2019

If i plug fans into the pump i can choose PWM mode for them in Bios or DC mode.

Jan 11, 2019

I want fans from radiator work depending on temperature(so PWM),and i see only one way,connect pump into the pump header then connect fans to the headers that going from pump and choose PWM mode for them in bios.

Yes. That is that headers purpose.

Jan 11, 2019

Ok,so if i connect pump to the PUMP_FUN header fans from radiator are always gonna be at 100% as well?And if i connect pump to CPU_FUN both pump and fans from radiator are gonna be PWM yes?

Here are the internal connectors for your motherboard. Use the one indicated for the pump. The fans can go on the other fan headers, but do put a fan on the CPU fan connector or you will get an error message.

1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connectors
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
3 x M.2 slots
2 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C ports
2 x USB 3.1 Gen1 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 3.1 Gen1 ports)
2 x USB 2.0 connectors (supports additional 4 USB 2.0 ports)
1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector
1 x 4-pin Water Pump connector
5 x 4-pin system fan connectors
1 x Front panel audio connector
2 x System panel connectors
1 x Chassis Intrusion connector
2 x 4-pin RGB LED connectors
1 x 3-pin RAINBOW LED connector
1 x 3-pin CORSAIR LED connector
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/MEG-Z390-ACE/Specification

Jan 11, 2019

Yes,i know, "1 x 4-pin CPU fan connector & 1 x 4-pin Water Pump connector".
So i gonna use pump in pump header like you recommended but what about fans how can i connect them to CPU header?Splitter for fans coming exactly from pump...
Sorry,my english not so good,so i can't say exactly what i thinking)

Jan 11, 2019

I can connect this 3 fans from radiator to corsair commander pro,you think it's a good choice?

They can literally go in any of the 4-pin fan headers or the CPU fan header. You can use up to three PC fans on a splitter ( 1 amp max). I would use whichever fan header that is nearest your radiator. Your case fans also go to those fan headers too.

Jan 11, 2019

So i can use for it any motherboard SYS_FAN header for this 3 fans or connect them to commander pro which is also PWM or i say something wrong?

Jan 11, 2019

I already has 3 PWM fans for radiator,i just wanna know proper way to install them.
There is 3 ways:
1.Commander Pro
2.headers from pump https://i.imgur.com/XVOLucm.png
3.Motherboard fan headers(which is bad cuz of cabble managment)

Yes.

You can do it either way. You can use the motherboard fan controller or the Corsair fan controller.

Jan 11, 2019

Corsair fan controller is exactly commander pro,so i guess it's done.