Water Spilled on MAcbook Pro

BTWimkevin

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011
I had a client that traded in a Macbook pro for a new custom desktop built by me; but he claims he spilled water on the mac. I offered him $450 for the Macbook PRo that is less than 6 months old because when he turned it on, there was only 1 beep, which for mac beeping codes, it stands for No Ram installed. At that time, there was RAM installed in the RAM slots so i figured that the RAM had just been fried. Is there a way for me to tell that the RAM is fried or the RAM slots on the motherboard are fried. As of now, the computer turns on and i can hear it run; then it beeps once and shuts off. The cycle repeats until i turn the mac off.
Nothing appears on the screen.
Thank You.

BlackDeath3

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011

So, though I'm by no means a computer hardware expert, the common-sense solution seems to me to be to try out the questionable RAM in a different machine, see if it is detected and works and whatnot. Is that a possibility for you?

BTWimkevin

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2011

The worst has came. I tested the DDR3 RAM on a gateway laptop and it works. Now is there a way to fix this problem or did i just get jipped?