Watercooled graphics card self overclocking too high

Feb 18, 2018
So I just recently got a zotac amp edition 1080 ti and watercooled it with the kraken g12 and h55 aio. I get about 47-50 degrees celcius. I have not done any overclocking to it yet, but simply due to the low temps, my card is automatically shooting up to clock speeds of 1900 to 1999 mhz and then after a few seconds crashes any game. I have tried to find a way to limit this, but haven't figured it out yet.

Solution
your GPU will boost higher than what's on the box it's supposed to as long as thermals will allow its called GPU boost 2.0 or 3.0. It allows you to get maximum performance above and beyond any manual; overclock. It's not something that you can really control as it's designed to do that. as far as the crashing not sure can you list system specs please. also are you watching CPU temps and is this a new build?
Feb 18, 2018

No, but that supposedly isn't necessary with the kraken g12. Jayztwocents did a review on it and the temps were actually lower than air cooled with vrm heatsinks.

But apparently I'm an idiot and didn't try to move the core clock knob to the left. I am now able to set the speed to whatever I want (at about 1920 mhz on the core and 5858 mhz on the memory). Still not sure why it goes so much higher than the boost clock, but at least it works.

your GPU will boost higher than what's on the box it's supposed to as long as thermals will allow its called GPU boost 2.0 or 3.0. It allows you to get maximum performance above and beyond any manual; overclock. It's not something that you can really control as it's designed to do that. as far as the crashing not sure can you list system specs please. also are you watching CPU temps and is this a new build?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS