Watercooled PC overheating when playing games like btf4 or gta v

Arne de Beer

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017
My watercooled PC is overheating and therefore restarting when playing games like btf4 or gta v. Temperatures get to 75+C and then my pc restarts.
I've got 2 front fans blowing out, and one top fan blowing out aswell.
My specs are:
- ASRock 890FX Deluxe 5
- AMD Phenom || X6 1100T
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti

When idling my GPU's temperature is at around 40C, my CPU at 34C and my AUX between 80C and 100C.

Hope I've given enough information, if not please say so.

Thanks in advance!

Solution

Hmm take the pump off the cpu and check for me, touch the cpu and see if the thermal paste is still liquidy or dried out.
If its absolutely dry, take the cpu out of the mobo, grab some paper towells, take some rubbing alchol and rub the old paste off.
Take another paper towel, put a tab bit of water on it and remove any access paste mess.
Put the cpu in a box let it sit for about 30 minutes, do the same for your corsair water...

Arne de Beer

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017

I took over this PC from someone else, so i've no clue how the thermal paste was applied. I've got the Corsair CWCH60

Arne de Beer

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017

Yes the tubes are vibrating a little, shouldn't it be feeling cold? Cause it doesn't feel cold or anything

Arne de Beer

Prominent
Feb 26, 2017

My case is the Sharkoon Tauron ATX Midi-Tower and I've got one fan on the top blowing out, and two fans in the front blowing in.
Is the following image a radiator? If so then it's mounted in the back of the pc
open

Hmm take the pump off the cpu and check for me, touch the cpu and see if the thermal paste is still liquidy or dried out.
If its absolutely dry, take the cpu out of the mobo, grab some paper towells, take some rubbing alchol and rub the old paste off.
Take another paper towel, put a tab bit of water on it and remove any access paste mess.
Put the cpu in a box let it sit for about 30 minutes, do the same for your corsair water cooler pump.
Look into buying artic mx-4 from newegg/amazon or if your lucky enough your computer shop may carry it.

Take the cpu you cleaned up, put it back in the mobo correctly, take the new grease you bought.
Apply 4 small pee size on each of the cpu, since you have a hexacore its going to need it as they do get hot.
Put the pump back on, cross your fingers and toes too (j/k) turn the machine back on and go back into bios.
Check the cpu temp to make sure the tempature will stay at 35c for about 10 minutes and boot into windows once you are done.

Solution

AIex

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
ill give you possible causes :

* voltage on the cpu is way above its normal, google normal voltages for ur CPU and compare
* bad thermal paste or bad aplication
* watercooler pump is dead or half dead, google normal RPM for ur water cooler pump and if is way lower, ur cooler is dead, pumps last 2-5 years on avrage
* pc full of dust and gpu heat is frying everything else.

Get to work and investigate all the above :D