Watercooling 290x cf in Fractal Define S case

helios411

Honorable
Apr 28, 2015
I would like to know if I need any more parts in order to watercool two 290x cf. I'm new to watercooling so not sure if i have everything. My current PC: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W3MLBm. I plan on changing to the new Fractal Define S case but keeping all my other parts. I plan on purchasing:

EK-KIT D360-X2 http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-kit-d360-x2-caselabs-mercury-s8-drop-in.html
EK-FC R9-290X - Nickel (Rev.2.0) http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/ati-radeon-full-cover-blocks/radeon-rx-200-series/ek-fc-r9-290x-nickel-rev-2-0.html

Also can anyone suggest how to organize the loop, and specifically how the two gpus will be connected in the loop?

Solution
I would strongly suggest reading through the watercooling sticky, linked below in my sig line. You're about to spend a lot of money on a cooling system and you're better off knowing exactly what you're doing rather than just hoping you get someone in a forum to tell you what is correct.

What if you get someone that doesn't know much more than you and you take their advice? I've seen it happen before.

Edit: That kit is about where you will need to start, so kudos on picking something in the range of what you're going to need in terms of radiator space (dual 360) and pump (D5).

Shahariar Veyron

Reputable
Mar 4, 2015
The things that you need to watercool are:
1. Pump
2. Radiator
3. Water Cooling Block
4. Radiator Fans(any standard fan will work)
5. water cooling compatible case like fractal define s

If you have all this, you don't need to buy any other thing

rdc85

Honorable
try design it first in paper...

it will helps a lot for getting the big picture..

how u going to manage the tube so it don't became messy..
and where u going to put the pump, reservoir and the radiator..

your kit has 8 compression fitting and 4 90* adapter, 2m tubing,
u may need buy extra or not depend how u going to build..
(it's kinda free expression, that's one appeal of custom WC)

for the loop usually people goes with GPU-GPU using short tube as bridge.. (OUT gpu1 -> IN gpu2)
for simple & clean...
but nothing says u cannot insert the extra radiator between for extra cooling (since the kit has 2 rad)..

u can go with RES->PUMP->CPU->RAD->GPU->GPU->RAD->
or RES->PUMP->CPU->GPU->RAD->GPU->RAD->, or anything u like
(just Reservoir must be paired with pump, pump will broken if somehow there is no liquid in it..)..

edit: don't forget to test for any leaks and to get rid of air bubble before connect the rig to electricity..
u need external power supply or such for just running the pump...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I would strongly suggest reading through the watercooling sticky, linked below in my sig line. You're about to spend a lot of money on a cooling system and you're better off knowing exactly what you're doing rather than just hoping you get someone in a forum to tell you what is correct.

What if you get someone that doesn't know much more than you and you take their advice? I've seen it happen before.

Edit: That kit is about where you will need to start, so kudos on picking something in the range of what you're going to need in terms of radiator space (dual 360) and pump (D5).

Solution