Watercooling and color sceme things + first time hard line cooling

Poozle

Reputable
May 9, 2015
So I made a water cooled custom PC last year with soft tubing and while I wasn't exactly disappointed, I was not amazed either (check it out here at this link, https://pcpartpicker.com/b/fTkTwP) So as far as it goes, a pretty sweet soft tubing build leading me to believe that I can make an even more amazing hard line tubing build.( i can hope, right?) anyway, I need some help. I am doing a new build with acrylic. Here is my idea.(https://www.dropbox.com/s/let87f7uga1h4wk/81Sjs8ScdZL._SL1500_.jpg?dl=0)
First off, when I was doing this build I used a good amount of fittings. 14 I think. That will be fairly expensive to replace. in my new build, I would like to have it be color neutral. EX black fittings and add RAM cooling so my ram sticks are not blue, but whatever color I use for fluid. I do not want to have to redo this. Could any of you help me find fittings that look good, but will not cost more than 140$ for 20 of them? I am adding at least 4 fittings due to RAM cooling as I now have 8 RAM sticks to cool.
My second issue is tubing size and fill ports. In the picture I made of my new tubing route, I find it hard to find a spot for a fill port. How would I fill it based on this picture? where would I add a T connector or something?(go to dropbox pic)
Any advice for a new user of hardline tubing and acrylic?
What should I change? which colors should I use or water blocks to make this the most color neutral? in my PC build, find everything blue and find a way to make it neutral if that makes sense.

Solution
1| You can look into these rigid compression fittings. Design+aesthetics are subjective matters thus the choice of "nice" fittings need to be done by you ;)

2| Your build log nor the pictures indicate what your res is, it look the X-Res by EKWB, if so you can pick up a res top for a nominal fee and use that to add or act as a fillport.

3| Be patient while working with rigid tubing. They will be frustrating at first but like all things practice makes perfect. You might also want to stock up on extra rigid tubing as there will definitely be wastage in the preliminary stages. From the looks of things it seems you may change your tubing routes while your working with the build which isn't a bad thing. One thing you...

Lutfij

Titan
1| You can look into these rigid compression fittings. Design+aesthetics are subjective matters thus the choice of "nice" fittings need to be done by you ;)

2| Your build log nor the pictures indicate what your res is, it look the X-Res by EKWB, if so you can pick up a res top for a nominal fee and use that to add or act as a fillport.

3| Be patient while working with rigid tubing. They will be frustrating at first but like all things practice makes perfect. You might also want to stock up on extra rigid tubing as there will definitely be wastage in the preliminary stages. From the looks of things it seems you may change your tubing routes while your working with the build which isn't a bad thing. One thing you always need to account for is prompt changes as that will keep your project moving forward. IMHO you should go for 12mm OD tubing instead fof 16mm.

4| I'm an architect and the terms color neutral would mean going mono chromatic with anything outside of the tubing as that is where the color will be to act as an accent.

Solution

Poozle

Reputable
May 9, 2015
Thanks. You guessed correct. I do have the EK res. I will pick that top up. Any specific reasons to go for the 12mm tubing?
Finally, Yes I will be making as much possible black with the exception of the tubing so I may change the colors if I bore of them.