Question Watercooling loop is underperforming, how can I fix this?

May 6, 2021
Currently my water cooling loop seems to be underperforming. I have a 7700k and a 1080TI, passed down from one of my dad's buddies. The loop itself consists of a 360mm rad with all fans on the highest rpm mode in BIOS, the pump is built into my thermaltake reservoir, (Pacific PR22-D5 Plus) and the cpu waterblock is a thermaltake Pacific W4. The only branding on the case is a thermaltake logo here and there, but after some intense googling, I found the name is the view 31. My is CPU at an adaptive 1.120v, and running at 4.7 GHz. My gpu is running at 1950 MHz, and even after hours of 100% usage never goes above 55 degrees. My cpu on the other hand is constantly over 75 degrees and I saw on another forum that such temperatures for a prolonged time can damage it. Does anyone have a solution or a way to troubleshoot?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of the radiator and how old it is? Did you tear down the parts and loop as well as flush the loop that was handed down to you, to inspect for any debris being lodged inside the block/loop components? A picture of the loop would help us two fold. Make and model of the fans used on the radiator and the speed with which they're moving? You should include the specs to your entire build, so we're not flying blind, hence why I've asked this many questions.

Ambient room air temps?

If you're not reaching 100 Deg C on your hottest cores, you've got nothing to worry about.

May 6, 2021
I did not disassemble the loop when I got it, however when my dad got the computer, he did all the tubing. As for the radiator, I don't know the specific model, however it's a thin radiator from ~3 years ago with 3 Thermaltake fans on it. The system is fairly dusty. The 3 fans on the front are Thermaltake Pure +'s and they spin at ~1600 rpm. There are slightly different models on the radiator spinning at the same speed, and a 140mm version of the rad fans at the back as an exhaust. Ambient temps are probably in the ballpark of 20-24 degrees celsius.

Ltd5gVk.jpeg
oiz89Rr.jpeg

I included 2 pictures of the loop, one with the tubes drawn to make them easier to see. There are bubble at the res inlet tube from the radiator.