[SOLVED] Watercooling loop question

richard203

Distinguished
May 28, 2015
hi this is my first water cooling and im trying to plan my loop do this work? let me know u guys idea. im thinking to put the output facing the back to make it easier to loop and the in put on top or the front?

8XCdwWx.jpg

xJzNESD.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
You could also run parallel with CPU and both GPUs if you really wanted to.

I run parallel with my CPU+GPU loop and flow works pretty well, so you may consider this with a restrictive 2 GPU loop.

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed:

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Case?

Check case documentation regarding fans: Placement and airflow direction(s).

You could easily end up with the fans "fighting" each other and the air flows insufficient for cooling requirements.

Bazzy 505

Respectable
Jul 17, 2021
adding another two fans at the bottom won't do much good in this case. If anything they will turn the case inside into what's is called a hydraulic equalizer. This may sound like something you may want, but it is not. It the air in the case will form a vortex in center of which you will have area with no flow at all. It is an effect not dissimilar to what you see in the eye of an hurricane.

Also it if you have 3 fans pushing air in, you don't necessarily need same 3 fans at exhaust side. If anything it is beneficial to have the case at slight overpressure, so you don't have parasitic intake from small grilles and such. You will accumulate lot less dust in the case over time that way.