Watercooling Temps to high?

Jul 7, 2018
Hello Guys,

i got myself an i9 7900x pretested at 4.6Ghz with 1.2V. I also bought a custom water cooling from EKWB. So i build it filled it and now im running it since about 2 months but im not sure if temps are okay. So i got a 360 and 240 rad both 30mm thick. Temps of the CPU at Prime95 Custom test 1344 FFTs in place after an hour 85C avg. When playing Battlefield 1 CPU sits about 70C and GPU a 1080 ti from asus, also in the loop, sits about 60-65C everything on ultra playing on an 3440x1440@100hz monitor. Rad config is push, fans are corsair LL Series and running about 35%. Ambient temp is about 22-24C. When it is about 28-30C CPU raises from 85C on prime95 to about 90-95C.

What you guys think are this temps okay?

PS: Pump is a DDC 3.2 PWM Elite at 30% Speed

Greetings Steven

Solution
Temps seem fine. Prime 95 uses AVX which causes over 100% CPU utilization. It will cause your CPU to get hotter than it will under other circumstances. 85C isn't bad considering but your gaming temps look fine. You can get an older version of prime 95 without AVX.
Temps seem fine. Prime 95 uses AVX which causes over 100% CPU utilization. It will cause your CPU to get hotter than it will under other circumstances. 85C isn't bad considering but your gaming temps look fine. You can get an older version of prime 95 without AVX.

Solution
Jul 7, 2018

It was Prime95 without AVX but i set AVX ofsets so it will only boost to 4Ghz when it use avx

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Why do you have the pump and fans set at 30% and 35% speed?

Why not set the pump to 80-100% speed and leave it? Then, set your fans to PWM control curves on your motherboard and call it a day. They'll run quietly when there isn't a load and ramp up when you need more airflow.

Jul 7, 2018

Cause i want to have a silent pc. i fixed the CPU temp by rstore the BIOS Standarts. I used an overclocking guide from der8auer cause he used the same motherboard, also he mentioned that people can use his settings cause this what he done (some power settings) are universal but they ramped my temp all the way to 95C avg spikes to 100C on CPU now with only Voltage on 1.2V and 4.6Ghz on all cores i got a maximum of 82C Avg in ambient 28C
Only need to reseat the GPU block cause 70C isnt normal on full water block.

Thanks for help guys thread is solved.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
If your pump is making a lot of audible noise at 100%, then there is a problem with your pump, or you aren't using sound isolating mounting. DDC pumps are practically silent at full speed. Also, running fans in pull configuration will allow better airflow at lower fans speeds while also producing less noise.

You're basically taking a high-end, high performance cooling system and purposefully handicapping it and then wondering why temps are higher than normal.

Have you tested with fans and pump at full speeds during the same events to see if the spindle speeds of each can be adjusted for better cooling?