[SOLVED] Watercooling : Thermaltake

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, so i just order a kit from thermaltake, i know they are<Mod Edit> and stuff but i got the kit for half the price. So im just new into watercooling and i understand alluminium is very bad with copper, but copper is fine with nickel.

So the main issue is the rad is alluminium, if i buy another rad in copper would i be fine with my watercooling from thermaltake ? R240 D5.

Another question is if yes if i switch for a 360 rad instead of 240 would i be fine aswell with my small pump/tank ?

Thanks for your help ! im kinda lost if i should return this kit or just switch rad

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
jay is (must be) talking about loops with no mixed metals, and thats why i am recommending to ditch that rad get copper one and use distilled water. Even ekwb themselves say never to mix metals in a loop
check this article https://www.ekwb.com/blog/aluminium-vs-copper/

thermaltake use mixed metals ( just to save few bucks on copper, very unprofessional ) to reduce corrosion speed it is advised to use coolant with corrosion inhibitors with mixed metals, thats why use c1000 in thermaltake loop as it have mixed metals.
Jul 29, 2019
You sure ? because i think i wont be able to afford another kit they are like 340+ euros.
And i got this one for 150euros.

So nothing i can do to be safe with this ? like if i can switch rad for like 30-50 bucks, might be worth it ? but im not sure if this still safe.

Or just maybe better to go for an AIO for the same price, what are your toughts ?

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
I bought some parts from here
i prefer ekwb as they look blocky and my other parts are mostly ek
though others are good too

I didn't used thermaltake coolant, mostly use distilled water only ( no kill coil yet ) though i will suggest to use distilled water + silver kill coil instead of coolent

Jul 29, 2019
i heard thermaltake coolant is bad, but isn't it design to protect their loop from corrosion ?

I just want something safe so i dont realy now, i heard in a youtube video you need appropriate liquid to prevent corrosion

i mean there is no issue to not use the liquid from the brand when you use their loop ?

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
there will be no corrosion if you use copper rad and blocks and distilled water. Died coolant can stain transparent parts like tubes. so safest cheapest and best IMO is distilled water and kill coil, replace every 6 month and you are good to go.
(galvanic)Corrosion inhibitors are needed in case of mixed metals like thermatake's own kit but still no match for all copper + distilled water + kill coil

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
jay is (must be) talking about loops with no mixed metals, and thats why i am recommending to ditch that rad get copper one and use distilled water. Even ekwb themselves say never to mix metals in a loop
check this article https://www.ekwb.com/blog/aluminium-vs-copper/

thermaltake use mixed metals ( just to save few bucks on copper, very unprofessional ) to reduce corrosion speed it is advised to use coolant with corrosion inhibitors with mixed metals, thats why use c1000 in thermaltake loop as it have mixed metals.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS