Watercooling Vs. Air-Cooling

CellBreak

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017
I'm getting a watercooled PC, but what is your choice?
Please provide evidence...
Cheaper = Air Cooled
Expensive = Watercooled

Solution
Depends on what kind of overclock your going for and what kind of case you're getting.

Water AIO's are very slick but if you're not getting a dual fan radiator you're cooling isn't going to be much different than air cooling. They also have a more limited life span than air simply because the pumps have a live span. But if you get a good part in there, they'll out perform big air coolers. They also can give you better cooling if your case is on the small side, where a big air cooler can't be installed.

Air cooling, if you get a good one, can often compete with water cooling and do it cheaper. But they're MUCH bigger for the performance and can give you issues with your RAM selection. Big air coolers typically over hang the RAM slots...
Depends on what kind of overclock your going for and what kind of case you're getting.

Water AIO's are very slick but if you're not getting a dual fan radiator you're cooling isn't going to be much different than air cooling. They also have a more limited life span than air simply because the pumps have a live span. But if you get a good part in there, they'll out perform big air coolers. They also can give you better cooling if your case is on the small side, where a big air cooler can't be installed.

Air cooling, if you get a good one, can often compete with water cooling and do it cheaper. But they're MUCH bigger for the performance and can give you issues with your RAM selection. Big air coolers typically over hang the RAM slots and have limited clearance. They're also limited by the size of the case.

Solution

CellBreak

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017

This is personal but...
I'm getting a H100i v2
With a Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5
and a i7 7700k

Not a bad combo. I'd also recommend looking at the Nzxt Kraken x61 or x62. They're 280mm rads, so pretty big but they perform really well.

CellBreak

Prominent
Apr 19, 2017