Question Wavlink AC1200 question

sensitivetbman

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
If I was to get a Wavlink AC1200, pictured here, would it work with a Compaq Presario V6000 laptop & a Roku device? The router/modem is on the 1st floor on the northeast of the house & my room is on the 2nd floor on the southwest side of the house. I wouldn't want to get something that wouldn't work for these devices.

Impossible to say since it varies a lot. Someone with cement walls and floors is going to have a very different experience than someone with a open floor plan.

Key is you must place the device where it can receive a strong signal from the router buy still close enough to the end devices to send the signal the rest of the way. This can be hard when it is a floor/ceiling causing the issue.

If you goal is to play games on this connection I would look at powerline networks instead they tend to have much more consistent latency.

sensitivetbman

Honorable
Nov 18, 2013
Impossible to say since it varies a lot. Someone with cement walls and floors is going to have a very different experience than someone with a open floor plan.

Key is you must place the device where it can receive a strong signal from the router buy still close enough to the end devices to send the signal the rest of the way. This can be hard when it is a floor/ceiling causing the issue.

If you goal is to play games on this connection I would look at powerline networks instead they tend to have much more consistent latency.

Sorry, I can't do that, I live in an old, big building and the circuit I would need to use do not connect to each other.

Last edited: