[SOLVED] Ways i can format harddrive without os

Jan 6, 2021
I wanted to install android x 86 on a very old pc(20 years old)
I already had windows 7 on one partition and windows xp on Other. I made a usb and installed the android os by not formatting the partition on which i had windows xp but it didnt worked. I tried again and failed again. Then i installed android with formatting partition. Again same error showed up. Then i dropped the idea of installing android and booted to windows. But it said bootmgr is missing press cntrl + alt + del . Then i made a win 7 flashed boot drive but now i am not able to boot from usb. The error says. Failed to load ldlinux. C32
Boot failed please change discs and press a key to continue. Idk what to do. I have no imp data on hard drive as i backed up all so if there is any way to format my harddrive then i will be greatful

See if you can boot to DOS 3.2 on a floppy disc. If it's 20 years old it probably has one. You may have to move some cables to get it to come up as the A: drive. At that point see if you can boot to safe mode with no network and see if you can access the drive you want to use. If so, there's hope.

The error says. Failed to load ldlinux. C32
That's remains from the linux installation that the android was using.
Chances are that any usb is going to give the same mistake.
Booting from floppy or cd is a good chance but you should boot a tool that can overwrite the bootblock so look at plop boot manager for floppy, if you are going to burn a cd consider to go for hiren's boot cd instead of just plop since it has so many more tools.

If booting from floppy/cd doesn't work either you can always connect the hard drive to a working pc with a caddy/usb to ide/sata cable or whatnot and mbr/format it that way.

I wanted to install android x 86 on a very old pc(20 years old)
I already had windows 7 on one partition and windows xp on Other. I made a usb and installed the android os by not formatting the partition on which i had windows xp but it didnt worked. I tried again and failed again. Then i installed android with formatting partition. Again same error showed up. Then i dropped the idea of installing android and booted to windows. But it said bootmgr is missing press cntrl + alt + del . Then i made a win 7 flashed boot drive but now i am not able to boot from usb. The error says. Failed to load ldlinux. C32
Boot failed please change discs and press a key to continue. Idk what to do. I have no imp data on hard drive as i backed up all so if there is any way to format my harddrive then i will be greatful
May I suggest that you download and make a bootable stick of GParted,You can format you HDD from there..I think it can work since it's not an OS

Let me know what happens

TRENDING THREADS