Ways to get boulders

I want boulders. Lots of them. It might have something to do with
pudding farming, but I ain't sayin'. I know that I can get boulders
from scrolls of earth (blessed, if you please), but I'm wondering about
other reliable ways of generating large stones. Here's what I've tried
(in wizmode):

--Polymorph into an umber hulk. Apparently, a U will eat all of the
wall or rock that he/she is chewing on. I wandered through a good
portion of the level, didn't generate any boulders.

--Polymorph into a rock mole. More or less the same results as above.
No boulders, to be sure.

I suppose I could polymorph into a giant and bring boulders from other
levels. And maybe, if I could reliably generate a rock mole or a dwarf
with pick axe, I coudl wait until they generate boulders.

Any other ideas from rgrn?

--Pax

johnpaxton@gmail.com wrote:

> I suppose I could polymorph into a giant and bring boulders from other
> levels. And maybe, if I could reliably generate a rock mole or a dwarf
> with pick axe, I coudl wait until they generate boulders.

That's your best bet. I once had a dwarf king for a pet. He
chewed up lots of the dungeon leaving a considerable number
of boulders.
--
Wes
The early bird may get the worm,

No because there are many kinds of statues. One statue tends to
polymorph into another into another....
Otherwise you could abuse that in Sokoban by changing boulders to
statues,carrying them and then changing them back.

johnpaxton@gmail.com wrote:
> I want boulders. Lots of them. It might have something to do with
> pudding farming, but I ain't sayin'. I know that I can get boulders
> from scrolls of earth (blessed, if you please), but I'm wondering about
> other reliable ways of generating large stones.

I think polymorphing statues can turn them into boulders.

--
If geiger counter does not click,
the coffee, she is just not thick

Sebastian Hungerecker wrote:
> johnpaxton@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I want boulders. Lots of them. It might have something to do with
>> pudding farming, but I ain't sayin'. I know that I can get boulders
>> from scrolls of earth (blessed, if you please), but I'm wondering about
>> other reliable ways of generating large stones.
>

> I think polymorphing statues can turn them into boulders.

Yes, statues and boulders are in the same category. What this means, of
course, is if you get a cockatrice corpse you should be able to make
boulders pretty easily.

johnpaxton@gmail.com wrote:
> I want boulders. Lots of them.

Wish for boulders. Create monster can create giants with boulders, but
IIRC reverse genocide cannot. Check it out in wizmode.
--
Antti
Vierikko Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero.

James

In article <1112374282.146483.258850@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<johnpaxton@gmail.com> wrote:

Cursed scrolls of genocide, to create giants? Then again, if you can
write ?oG, you can write ?oEarth.

Create monster will give you dwarves, and you can give them pickaxes if
they aren't generated with them.

"Jacobs" <gwaihirj@yahoo.com> writes:
> No because there are many kinds of statues. One statue tends to
> polymorph into another into another....
> Otherwise you could abuse that in Sokoban by changing boulders to
> statues,carrying them and then changing them back.

The number of different kinds of statues is irrelevant; the fact that
statues have a 90% and boulders a 10% probability of random creation
within the ' object class is more important. Polymorphing a ' will get
you a boulder one time in ten, provided (a fairly big provided) the
object survives.

: "Nothing matters very much, and few things matter at all." :
: -- A.J. Balfour :

TRENDING THREADS