[SOLVED] Ways to "increase" sound quality on Windows 10 with Creative speaker

Apr 11, 2019
18
0
10
0
Hello, is there any ways to get somewhat good sound quality (like headphone ones if possible) on Windows 10, I'm a born PC user from early 2000s era however I never did anything for audio/sound on my computers which I found it funny myself because I always wanted to get increased sound quality, I usually changed hardware like everyone else but never did anything related to sound, so can I do anything about it? I ask this because my speakers are old Creative from 2010s I dont even remember when I got these but they seem to be working good especially in games, youtube videos have weird sound issues like one effect comes from "behind" and guitar,piano etc is focused. Not that I'm complain since its working, but I do know there is a setting in Windows Sound settings -thanks to Microsoft its impossible to get proper settings due to two settings panel and new "Settings" is horrible and not detailed- anyways I found that Sample Rate settings, it is set to 24bit 48000 hz (studio quality) what happens if I change that to 96k or 192k? it can give me quality results in audio? can it damage my speakers in any way? Mind you Im using barely the half of the volume slider, never used max. I'm also using some enhancements, like Equalizer and Loudness Equalization which helps a bit in quality it seems but not much.

or all of this are nonsense and I must get a new speaker? I'd like to continue using this.

Thanks in advance,
 
Usually its all up to the Chip that you have onboard of the motherboard.
For instance I have creative FX on Asus motherboard and it suprised me quite as from my H81M which was "cough" bad.

But I also have 2 old PCI sound cards, one from 2003 which is pretty sick and better than my DGI and my onboard of the FX chip (creative?).

Cause I have headphones which are above of the 60ohms and the loudness is quite low, like you half your half volume slider.

Which motherboard do you have?
Probably you havent installed proper driver with control panel of your chip?
 
I've found onboard sound on most mainboards to be quite sufficient since late 1999 and Intel's 845G chipset....; have not bought a sound card since....

Speakers to sound decently loud are going to need to be (sufficiently) amplified speakers, preferably with a subwoofer. (Often, a good $15 set of headphones sounds worlds above, anyway)
 
May 9, 2019
6
0
10
0
If you can swing for an outboard DAC and headphone amp you'll be amazed. Look at the clearance / B-Stock from Schiit Audio.
That's if you use headphones. Personally I use some higher ended gear with a DAC, Preamp, Tube amps and monitors going optical out from my sound card. Depends on your budget. But I quit using onboard audio years ago and find a Soundblaster Z better than onboard chipsets.
 

hang-the-9

Titan
Moderator
You did not list the most important thing here, what speakers do you have? Creative made many models from cheap basic ones to some pretty decent ones.

90% of the time you will get better sound with better speakers, the other 10% of the time would be if you had good quality speakers to begin with and want a more audiophile sound setup, then you spend 100 on a higher end sound card.
 
Apr 11, 2019
18
0
10
0
Usually its all up to the Chip that you have onboard of the motherboard.
For instance I have creative FX on Asus motherboard and it suprised me quite as from my H81M which was "cough" bad.

But I also have 2 old PCI sound cards, one from 2003 which is pretty sick and better than my DGI and my onboard of the FX chip (creative?).

Cause I have headphones which are above of the 60ohms and the loudness is quite low, like you half your half volume slider.

Which motherboard do you have?
Probably you havent installed proper driver with control panel of your chip?
I have a ASUS motherboard too with a FX red line color appears below of the motherboard in the case, its a Z97 pro gamer, Device Manager says "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)" there is no specific model name or number and not on the speaker itself as well,

I afraid installing/downloading drivers from Windows Update/device manager since Microsoft usually spreads faulty drivers and usually results in boot errors or blue screens, so I think downloading from ASUS/Dell is a bit more safer,
 
Just an suggestion, Do not install the sonic radar, you will probably have issues with it.
Pin the realtek to the taskbar or make it to show up on every boot by putting the shortcut in start menu.
location
%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
or for all users
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
(I prefer the user one)

Oohh i get it what you miss.
Same as I've had issue with my supreme FX not showing up, but I've digged it out.
Download and install your provided motherboard's realtek sound driver again.
Then go to C (or windows patrition) -> Program files (NOT X86!!) -> Realtek->Audio-> now the folder name can vary from this point, but there should be an RtkNGUI application, that is your official supreme FX controller with bass boost, equalizer and etc.
Also we have similar motherboard.

Looks like this.



You did not list the most important thing here, what speakers do you have? Creative made many models from cheap basic ones to some pretty decent ones.

90% of the time you will get better sound with better speakers, the other 10% of the time would be if you had good quality speakers to begin with and want a more audiophile sound setup, then you spend 100 on a higher end sound card.
Ehh kinda not true?
I have 2x5W speakers from some cheap knockoff radio, since my main S200 from logitech burned out, without the SupremeFX panel I would not hear any bass, nor my headphones which are above 60ohms would not be loud or bass heavy as I want to as to my old H81M motherboard which did not have any those settings.
it would be flat without that crisp what i want.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS