Ways to power on the computer without power button on motherboard?

leolee8090

Reputable
May 16, 2015
First, English is not my native language, so please understand when you see the wrong grammer.
I made computer with some spare parts few days ago.
It worked when i connect on power.(Because 'Wake on AC" on BIOS is enabled)
But, Reset button and Power button don't work.
I shorted pins on motherboard, connected them on another GND pin, grind pins to remove stain just in case.
But, it never worked, so everytime to turn on the computer, i have to plug power cable out and plug it in.
It's troublesome and doesn't seem to give a good effect on computer.
So, is there any way to turn on my computer without Power button on motherboard?
I can only use USB ports and one mini pci-e slot.

leolee8090

Reputable
May 16, 2015

Of course, i tried it already, but it didn't work.
Looks like Motherboard's power and reset pins are dead, i guess.

Unfortunately, There aren't any setting like that ;(

targetdan

Honorable
Mar 31, 2012
The only thing I can think of then is to replace the power lead with one that has a switch in the middle. Or you could get one of those surge protection extension sockets which have a switch on them...

leolee8090

Reputable
May 16, 2015

I know, but i want to know that is there any way to turn on the computer such as remote controller (using usb dongle or mpcie slot card)

thing is to me if the motherboards poere switch pins don't work then I would feel its a goner ??? so what ever the pins hook up to in the boards circuits that when the switch is hit to turn on must be burned up or something

its either on - off - or sleep in the end if them pins donrt do as what there supposed to do then I'd say bad board .

out side of turning it on and just from them using sleep - as far as turning it on and off like with a switch witch should bump short as a switch would do don't work ???? sounds like the board in its self is shot as far as that part goes

leolee8090

Reputable
May 16, 2015

Yeah, It seems to be broken or burnt somewhere.
(Maybe, this is because i neglected it for about six months)
But without this, another functions are so perfect.
So, I'm finding another way to solve it.
Actually, a little while ago, i found that ps/2 keyboard has supported power on func.
So, I'm trying using arduino to send power on signal on ps/2 port

Anyway, Thank you all of respondent.

TRENDING THREADS