Question ways to sync music to android

brian badonde

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Hi, I've got a new phone but the problem is android doesn't support usb mass storage anymore so my method of syncing is no longer practical (used synctoy to sync to music folder)

i need options, I know that there were a few media players that synced to android (do these still work and if so which is the best?)

Plex is an option that looks nice but not sure if its worth the cost

if none of these are practical I will just have to upload to google music instead but last time I used I had to keep re uploading songs as they were the wrong version or just a totally different song

thanks

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i just drag and drop music to the phone into a music folder. when i get something new i want to add, i drop it in the folder and go about my day.

didn't even think about trying to sync to some library. there is bound to be some software out there to do it, but i've never used any

brian badonde

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
i just drag and drop music to the phone into a music folder. when i get something new i want to add, i drop it in the folder and go about my day.

didn't even think about trying to sync to some library. there is bound to be some software out there to do it, but i've never used any

Yeah thats a straightforward method and I would do that myself but i dont know if im just being lazy but whenever I change any data in the files or add album artwork i want them to get changed on my phone aswell. I think I can still use sync software like free file sync but it seems to be taking way to long to be practical

Last edited:

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i can understand that. i knw when i dropped 10 GB or so onto the phone it took quite a long time to copy over. close to an hour if i recall right. but then i still have an older usb 3 based phone and not the higher speed usb-c or whatever it is now.

TRENDING THREADS