WB Games Vows To Fix 'Batman: Arkham Knight', Add CrossFire Support, Raise Framerate Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it wont be an insanely long time but it will take some time. They already released a patch to fix some crashing issues for some and as well make AO and the rain effects actually work (which makes the game look even better).

It sucks it came out like this but I am really enjoying the story. It is just really good. However I think the end might disappoint some people.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
I have to say that WB is lucky that no big game is scheduled to go on sale for the next 2 months that is similar to Batman.

If say Batman launched 2 weeks before The Witcher 3, bombed like it did buyers would simply get the next best game and forget about Batman.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
When will PC gamers stop buying games at release for $60? Time and time again games come broken either on accident or on purpose. Its pathetic. They fall for it over and over and over.

It takes a lot of crap for me to cry about how bad new games are because I mainly play DayZ Standalone, and that game is absolute junk but hell its alpha and was $20. Not a finished product for $60, gimped at release on purpose along with a million accidental bugs.

Larry Litmanen

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
Will this be the E.T. of our generation?
Only time will tell but something needs to flush the backed up toilet that has become the game industry.

Oh come on, you really going to blame everyone for mistake of one company. I played plenty of games where there were no issues, most.........heck 99$ of games i ever played were pretty much flawless.

WB's screwing up has nothing to do with EU or Ubisoft or whoever else. I just finished playing Dragon Age: Inquisition yesterday, i have not had a single error of any kind and the game was worth every penny of the $60 i paid for it.

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
I hope everybody gets the idea, that you cant always blame GPU manufactures (AMD/Nvidia) for bad drivers and such. Everything comes down to game developers and the close work with the manufacturers.

brisa117

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
I say hang 'em high! It's 100% unacceptable that any publisher does this! The problem is that we PC enthusiasts don't have an overlord (by design) of quality like Microsoft, Sony, or Nintendo. You think buggy crap rolls out like this on the Xbox? Not this buggy.

At minimum the should lower the price to $30.

VALVe is our overlord, they are just waiting for the perfect storm to take over. This is one of the 7 signs needed. The end should start soon.

Technically you pay full price for Early Access titles anyways. Hell plenty of people pay full price to get access to alpha and beta testing.

targetdrone

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2012

Technically you pay full price for Early Access titles anyways. Hell plenty of people pay full price to get access to alpha and beta testing.

Planetary Annihilation had an Early access price of $90. Its release price was $29.99. Less than a month later it was 50% off on steam. ROFL.

tomc100

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2008
They're just lucky they didn't get sued like Aliens Colonial Marines. The lawyer fees itself would have sucked. Anyways, if they really want to make amends they should add 4K hi-res textures, full dx11 effects, and a deduction in season pass. The game needs to be much better than the console version if pc gamers are made to wait several months.

brisa117

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010

Haha. I would not be opposed to this. Although I think they have lost some ground to other platforms (not much), but those publishers with games that people want to play can force people to come to their systems *cough*Origin*cough*. But I can see Valve forcing EA and others back into the order if the steam machines actually get off the ground. Ever.

I hope nobody buys this game after they fix it either. It'll show developers they only get one chance. I hope Steam Refund kicked them in the pants too, because broken games on release should not be tolerated. It's one thing to have a minor glitch, but when there are whole teams of QC and play testers, there's no excuse for a game to ship in inoperable condition.

dstarr3

Distinguished

Most games I can think of went up in price at release.

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Better late than never. I've been playing since launch and the first day I had constant crashing. But on day two the crashes have stopped and I've really been enjoying the game. I'm able to keep a pretty consistent 30fps but I'm on SLI Titan X's.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Even at max settings and resolution, the game looks like it's rendering in a lower resolution then what you have set in your settings, and then upscalling it to whatever your actual setting is. Image quality is absolutely horrid even at 1920x1200.

It looks like your looking through a dirty glass window when looking at batmans armor.

With all the problems and stuff, WB and Rocksteady need to give us PC gamers who pre-ordered, a season pass for free. Their season pass prices are crazy high at $40.

They need to compensate the pc preorder people. And i'm not talking about 1 arkham story series, they need to give us the whole season pass.

That would be unfair then to those who purchased the premium edition or the season pass. If anything they should offer a game instead so no one is out money because refunding all those people would be a nightmare.

As for the looks, I actually think it doesn't look worse than Arkham City or Origins and after the AO and rain effects started working it looks much better. I think Batman looks the best, well all the main characters do. Harley looks really good especially the design and of course so does a certain character.

I am sure they will improve it though. It shouldn't be too hard to get better performance while upping the quality from the UE3 engine.

"When will PC gamers stop buying games at release for $60?"

First of all, as the 3rd game in the trilogy (ignore Origins) we had very, very good expectations that the game would perform great on PC since Rocksteady was behind it.

Also, if nobody bought a game on launch where would that leave the industry?

Don't forget that the majority of the people that buy games don't follow gaming news or even keep track of which companies/games have had issues.

When UNITY performed poorly the company stated that sales were still great and that they would have lost more money by delaying. Again, the average "gamer" just isn't that informed; perhaps they have better things to do...

trifler

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2003
When will PC gamers stop buying games at release for $60? Time and time again games come broken either on accident or on purpose. Its pathetic. They fall for it over and over and over.

That really doesn't apply in this case because they intentionally intended for it to have a 30 fps cap. It was only after it was released and the people who *did* buy it on release raised an uproar that they decided to change it.

It takes a lot of crap for me to cry about how bad new games are because I mainly play DayZ Standalone, and that game is absolute junk but hell its alpha and was $20. Not a finished product for $60, gimped at release on purpose along with a million accidental bugs.

I agree with your logic, however this kind of thinking (and how you're quickly getting up votes) is how us PC gamers ended up on the bottom of the totem pole to begin with. PC gamers are probably the largest slice of the market in terms of sheer numbers and sales volume, but not the biggest take in revenue. Us PC gamers got ignored by developers back in the early 2000s exactly because of this kind of thinking (and piracy), and we're finally making a come back now due to how inadequate the hardware in modern consoles are for even 1080p, nevermind 4K and VR.

I support the idea of buying a few games that we care about at full price $60, and be very vocal about the type of quality we expect. and I fully support boycotting companies that majorly screw up launches (meaning not buying their games at full price) until they get their act together. And yes, I am currently boycotting Ubisoft.

Has everybody forgotten how many issues Batman: Arkham Origins had after release? It took quite some time to iron out a lot of those bugs. I can wait until they finish the product before I consider spending any money to play it. I have plenty of other things to keep busy with. Trying to complete a story that is literally broken to the point of being impossible to finish, or spending more time to try and get a game to run correctly than actually playing it isn't fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.