[SOLVED] WCF Generic Command for Vista Setup? what is this thing??

May 25, 2022
so i newly built my new setup from fresh parts 6 days ago with fresh Windows 10 in it (its legal W10) now while using my computer i couldn't help but i noticed sometimes my whole systems LAGS like CRAZY even im not doing anything then i notice the culprit in Task Manager the (WCF Generic Command for Vista Setup) is eating every resource of my System making everything is LAGGING but this only took around 1-2 minute before it disappears like nothing happen the weird thing is this is only happen Once when i bootup my PC or Restart my PC this thing just appear in TaskManager then gone just like that , the next thing i did was another Fresh reformat my system and yet that thing still showing up now i need to bare this situation cause it only happen once when im using my PC ...yet sometimes i want to get rid of it completely but i dont know how?

heres the culprit image of the problem

Solution
not often we come full circle.
Have you run windows update recently?
Always.
But I did find this Superuser answer which helped me to understand the issue, since his script couldn't be downloaded I actually found a Microsoft support post about it,
I then pasted the commands below in a CMD window (ran as admin):

Code:
%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue

%windir%\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue

For now, the issue seems to be resolved.
i notice the culprit in Task Manager the (WCF Generic Command for Vista Setup) is eating every resource of my System making everything is LAGGING but this only took around 1-2 minute before it disappears like nothing happen
That seems to be a part of .NET framework setup.

Reactions: Knightmare033
May 28, 2022
not often we come full circle.
Have you run windows update recently?
Always.
But I did find this Superuser answer which helped me to understand the issue, since his script couldn't be downloaded I actually found a Microsoft support post about it,
I then pasted the commands below in a CMD window (ran as admin):

Code:
%windir%\microsoft.net\framework\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue

%windir%\microsoft.net\framework64\v4.0.30319\ngen.exe update /force /queue

For now, the issue seems to be resolved.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS