WD 1TB HDD showing up in Device Manager but not in My Copmuter

Marko_Slb

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
I've gone to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management

Then it pops up saying 'you must initialize a disk before logical disk manager can access it' and says disk 1 and gives me MBR and GPT options. What do I do?

Solution
if the disk is new and blank put a standard mbr and format it as fat disk. formating as fat will let any version of windows see the disk. if your going to use windows 10 only you can use the newer gpt formating.

Marko_Slb

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

I'm using Windows 7. Yes it's a new blank disk, it's for installing all my games while OS runs off the SSD. So doing what you said will allow me to do this?

Marko_Slb

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

Okay I set it to MBR, now it says it's onilne but still says 931.53GB unallocated, what do I do from here? I've been right clicking and see no option to format.

Marko_Slb

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

I've clicked on it, it went to stripes, and I don't see anywhere to click to format. Sorry for being noob at this, first build.

Zoe_3_

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

I'm experiencing the same problem, please tell me how you altered the un-allocated partition as i have no options either?? Many thanks in advance

Marko_Slb

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013

If I remember correctly (was so long ago) I right clicked the drive and clicked 'Mark Partition as Active', then a new window opens and I put it as MBR and NTFS. Hope this helps.