WD 2TB Blue 5400rpm is good for gaming?

MSHN0324

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
Hey guys I want to buy a new computer, but I get a little confused for buying HDD

i wanted to buy a seagate barracuda 2tb beacuse it is 7200 rpm and its good enough for gaming but everyone sayed seagate had/have high failure rate so i decided to buy wd 2tb blue 5400 and now here is my question
this 5400rpm wd is good enough for games like GTA V or assassins creed unity or cod or...?
this hdd is not stuttering in this games?

and how much diffrence between wd 1tb 7200 and 2tb 5400 in transfer speed an loading games?

and i dont have budget for wd black series

and i should say i already have a 120 gb ssd so i dont want buy ssd

and i am very sorry for my bad english :)

Solution
5400, will obviously work, but it will be pretty slow. It's better if it was 7200.

Load times will have some impact. The more it can load in initially, the less it has to read later, but it can slow you down in-game worse with the 5400. (The fastest obviously is SSD, but to pay for a 2TB SSD is expensive, as you already know.)

Reports on the Seagate are mixed. One study, often cited, wasn't done very scientific like, so the results are not held to be all that accurate for many reasons. If reviews on a specific Seagate drive are good, go ahead and get it. In this case, the Seagate has what I would want, so I would get that one.
5400, will obviously work, but it will be pretty slow. It's better if it was 7200.

Load times will have some impact. The more it can load in initially, the less it has to read later, but it can slow you down in-game worse with the 5400. (The fastest obviously is SSD, but to pay for a 2TB SSD is expensive, as you already know.)

Reports on the Seagate are mixed. One study, often cited, wasn't done very scientific like, so the results are not held to be all that accurate for many reasons. If reviews on a specific Seagate drive are good, go ahead and get it. In this case, the Seagate has what I would want, so I would get that one.

Solution