Wd black Enterprise

islam_10

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016
hi guys im just bought 2t western digital black Enterprise hard for my desktop then i realise it was made for servers and clouds im so dissapointed i cant replace it. is that a problem to use it in desktop?

Solution
Regardless if it's a WD Black or a WD RE drive, @islam_10, you should be aware that both models come with a 5-year limited warranty.
Make sure you get an authentic product and consider contacting the online vendor/reseller for a longer warranty or a replacement of the product.
I'd strongly recommend you consider what would happen to the HDD after those 11 months have passed. Having a longer warranty period will definitely give you some peace of mind.

SuperSoph_WD

islam_10

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

does it work good with games like my old blue one ?

Welcome to the community, @islam_10!

Can you please share the model of the WD Black HDD you just bought?
WD Black hard drives are our performance HDDs, they are specifically designed for demanding applications like editing software apps and gaming. Every WD Black is backed by a 5-year limited warranty and pass more strenuous and aggressive internal testing over a longer period of time, when compared to standard hard drives such as the WD Blue. One of the other features it incorporates is a dual-core processor that offers twice the processing capability which basically maximizes the drive's performance, especially for loading games or large multimedia files.
Either way, check the drive specifications on the WD Black product page and make sure your model is listed there. If not, use this warranty status check and make sure that your new HDD is covered by the limited warranty.

Keep us posted if you have more questions! :)
SuperSoph_WD

islam_10

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

i wrote the serial and get this (Western Digital does not provide Warranty Service for OEM Products.
Please contact your distributor or place of purchase.) whats does that mean ?

In this case, @islam_10, I'd strongly recommend getting in touch with the reseller's customer support ASAP and replace the drive, if you didn't have any idea that you are buying an OEM product. When Western Digital sells hard drives to OEM computer manufacturers such as Dell, Compaq, Apple, etc, we sell these drives without warranty. The OEM computer manufacturer would include the hard drive under the warranty of the computer system that the hard drive was installed into.
Western digital covers only the warranty of retail WD drives or bare drives (that can sometimes be sold as OEM from third-party distributors).
This is exactly why we always recommend checking the warranty of any new hardware product you buy from third-party vendors.

Let me know if you have any additional concerns.
SuperSoph_WD

islam_10

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

the store gives me 11 month warranty but this is not my point i asked that kind of hards (enterprise))will work on desktop daily use gaming etc... or not
thanks man

Enterprise hard drives are designed for even bigger workload, because of their capability to run 24/7, always-on systems. They are usually intended for use in demanding RAID environments with multiple other enterprise drives.
However, they can definitely run in a desktop PC system but that's not their purpose.
I'm also confused because we don't have WD Black Enterprise hard drives.

The WD Black HDDs are our performance desktop drives as I already mentioned above. They would be a perfect fit for your intended purpose and high-end gaming.

As for the WD Enterprise products, they can handle a lot more workload due to the fact that they are business-class. These models are:
As you can see, there is no WD Black Enterprise drive listed here, so make sure you actually get an authentic product. After all, a genuine WD Black comes with a 5-year limited warranty, which definitely gives more peace of mind than those 11 months.

Hope I helped.
SuperSoph_WD

islam_10

Commendable
Oct 6, 2016

im sorry its black only in color but i think it is RE

Regardless if it's a WD Black or a WD RE drive, @islam_10, you should be aware that both models come with a 5-year limited warranty.
Make sure you get an authentic product and consider contacting the online vendor/reseller for a longer warranty or a replacement of the product.
I'd strongly recommend you consider what would happen to the HDD after those 11 months have passed. Having a longer warranty period will definitely give you some peace of mind.

SuperSoph_WD

Solution