WD Black Price too good?

Shujee

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2013
Someone in China is selling WD Black 2TB (FZEX) on ebay at a price which beats even the best US stores by a fair margin, which makes it a bit suspicious. The seller otherwise has got good past feedback.

Is it safe to buy an HDD from someone located in China? Could it be a warranty issue, bad sectors or a refurbished item? Seller hasn't mentioned any of these issues. I know I can always cancel the deal if there is a problem, but I don't want to indulge into claim/shipping hectic.

UPDATE
-----------
Thanks to everyone who responded. To clarify, this is not a matter of $20. Almost none of those big names ship things to my place. The only exception is B&H, who'll charge me another $40 on top of their $129 price, making the final price around $170. This ebay guy seems to be doing free shipping in $85 price. Is it still a considerable difference compared to the risk factor?

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
could be legit, could be any thing from counterfeit... hacked account to take advantage of a good seller's rep or even a typo by the seller which can go your way or not. I have had mixed luck on ebay deals. Some are completely legit while others have been anything but and everything in between. It is a question on the risk your willing to take and how patient you are to get your money back if things go wrong. When i have had issues with hacked accounts Ebay/paypal have always covered my backside but I have also heard some horror stories. Try contacting the seller to see if you can clarify the HDD and person selling it.

USAFRet

Titan
Well, let's see:
ebay, at a price $30 less than typical US.
A seller with 7 feedback
shipping from China
Item not expected to arrive for a month

or
Newegg https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822236624
$20-$30 more
You know exactly what you're getting
Verified return policy and warranty
Have it by Tuesday.

If $30 is your make or break point, you need to be looking at some other drive.

Solution