Question WD Black sn770 + Asrock ab350 pro4

Sep 17, 2022
Hey everyone. I have an Asrock AB350 Pro4 motherboard with the latest version of BIOS (P6.40) and a Western Digital SN770 NVMe SSD. For some reason it just can't find the new western digital device. The motherboard is m.2 ultra (nvme) gen3 x4, but the Western Digital SN770 gen4 x4 NVMe says it's backwards compatible to gen3 x4 motherboards. But I've spent the last 2 hours messing with settings, pulling the m.2 in and out and to different slots, and still bios and windows can't seem to find the drive. Please help. It's the only drive I have, and I plan to use it as my win10 boot drive.

Hey everyone. I have an Asrock AB350 Pro4 motherboard with the latest version of BIOS (P6.40) and a Western Digital SN770 NVMe SSD. For some reason it just can't find the new western digital device. The motherboard is m.2 ultra (nvme) gen3 x4, but the Western Digital SN770 gen4 x4 NVMe says it's backwards compatible to gen3 x4 motherboards. But I've spent the last 2 hours messing with settings, pulling the m.2 in and out and to different slots, and still bios and windows can't seem to find the drive. Please help. It's the only drive I have, and I plan to use it as my win10 boot drive.
try to update to bios 7.00 then 7.20 after it.

Have the same board and never had that issue, but yes go to the bios page and towards the bottom are 2 beta bios versions. You have to install 7.00 before 7.20 I think. A positive about the beta bios is it will allow upgrades to the ryzen 5000 series. I’ve actually got a 5900x running in mine.

Reactions: Koekieezz