Question WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD not recognised on a Gigabyte 450M DS3H ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 26, 2023
I have the parts mentioned in the title and when i plug in the SSD it is not showing up in BIOS, Task Manager or Windows Explorer?

Rathnhake

Reputable
Jan 8, 2020
.Upgrade BIOS and/or reset to default settings
.Test with another SSD
.Test the SN770 on another rig

The drive should be recognized by the system as soon as you boot it up, also not much else to go with the info you provide but I take it everything else works fine so it's probably a bad drive

Aug 26, 2023
I have the exact same problem on the exact same motherboard and the exact same SSD. Mine is even more weird. Got it installed on the m.2 slot. Installed Windows. Got all the updates. Latest build of Windows 11. At random times, when I boot it up it I get the BSOD specific to drive missing ! It literally disappears from BIOS too. Like it doesn't exist. Latest F64 bios. Default settings. Nothing tampered. I power cycle the PC 2 or 3 times (doesn't work on restart) and it just starts ! Get's recognized, boots up...

B450M DS3H (rev. 1.x)
Western Digital SN770 (1 TB model)
AMD 3200G PRO
16 GM RAM (Corsair with activated XMP)
Dedicated video card

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
I have the exact same problem on the exact same motherboard and the exact same SSD. Mine is even more weird. Got it installed on the m.2 slot. Installed Windows. Got all the updates. Latest build of Windows 11. At random times, when I boot it up it I get the BSOD specific to drive missing ! It literally disappears from BIOS too. Like it doesn't exist. Latest F64 bios. Default settings. Nothing tampered. I power cycle the PC 2 or 3 times (doesn't work on restart) and it just starts ! Get's recognized, boots up...

B450M DS3H (rev. 1.x)
Western Digital SN770 (1 TB model)
AMD 3200G PRO
16 GM RAM (Corsair with activated XMP)
Dedicated video card
Please start your own thread for this.
We can't fix 2 different systems in the same thread.

Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Status
Not open for further replies.