[SOLVED] WD blue 3D NAND 500Gb vs ADATA SU800 512 GB?

popatim

Titan
I have some Blue 3d's out in PC about 2 yrs old now with no issues. Also I've never used an Adata SSD so cannot comment on them.
The blue 3d is faster at random 4k reads & writes and would be my choice.
You may also want to consider which drive is easier for you to do a warranty repair on in case things go wrong.

popatim

Titan
That's not what I meant.
Which one is easier for you to get a warranty replacement. Does either one require you to ship the drive to an out of country destination or absolutely require the original invoice (I always lose those). Things like that.

And , unless your country is different, the WD Blue 3d should have a 5yr warranty and the SU800 a 3yr.

As far as i know, mounting plates are sold separately if your case does not have a spot for a 2.5" drive.

For me WD is easier. Fill out the RMA info and ship the drive a few states away. Don't need a receipt or invoice and they ship me a replacement.
Adata needed a receipt for a lifetime warranty product (SD card) and I had to pay shipping to them and back to me. I haven't bought Adata since.

May 1, 2019
The vendor takes care of the warranty claim. I just have to deliver it to the shop and they ship it internationally and back. I live in Pakistan and almost every pc component here has 1 yr warranty. The case is Cm q300p. I also see Su900 and XPG SX950 around the same price. I guess i'll go with the wd blue since it's also the cheapest of them.

Last edited: