[SOLVED] WD Blue SN570 1TB VS Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2 NVME SSD

Bach0

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
I was originally planning to get A60 because it was cheap for 70$ , but I can also get SN570 under 75$ if I chose to. I viewed reviews here on both and it seems SN570 is rated higher and is placed also with higher rated competitors than A60 in those reviews. I'm changing from HDD to SSD, so the difference will be noticable, but I also want to go with the better one...What do you guys think?

Solution
when in doubt i go with what i know. i know WD makes good stuff and i know nothing about the silicon power. throw in a quick review look and the WD would be my choice. you'll notice the difference moving to ssd for sure, but you won't notice any difference between these 2 drives. so i go with the known quality of WD.
Noticeable? Probably not.

I've got a SN550.....the slightly older version of the SN570. Quite happy with it.

It might come down to warranty, customer service, and your fear of making the wrong choice because maybe you've never heard of Silicon Power.

One could last as long as the other. Both could be perfect or horrible. You don't have any way of knowing.

If you are a slave to benchmarks or what anonymous people say on the Internet, then go with wherever that leads you.

Reactions: Bach0

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
when in doubt i go with what i know. i know WD makes good stuff and i know nothing about the silicon power. throw in a quick review look and the WD would be my choice. you'll notice the difference moving to ssd for sure, but you won't notice any difference between these 2 drives. so i go with the known quality of WD.

Solution