WD green 2tb does not install automatically

Solution
It should show up in Disk Management (if you're using Windows 7, click on the Start button and type, "Disk Management" and press enter). You should see the new drive listed as unallocated. Right-click on it and select "New Simple Volume". Once allocated, you will need to format the drive. Once that has been completed, you should be able to access the drive.

If it's not showing up in Disk Management, then either the drive is faulty or it's not connected properly to the power supply/motherboard.

-Wolf sends

noobsaibot99

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2012

I havent tried that. But It does not count as a drive in my computer, i dont think ill be able to access and format it.

noobsaibot99

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2012

Im away from home but if i remember correctly it did not count as a boot option in bios. However it's detected in hard drives in device manager

Wolfshadw

Titan
It should show up in Disk Management (if you're using Windows 7, click on the Start button and type, "Disk Management" and press enter). You should see the new drive listed as unallocated. Right-click on it and select "New Simple Volume". Once allocated, you will need to format the drive. Once that has been completed, you should be able to access the drive.

If it's not showing up in Disk Management, then either the drive is faulty or it's not connected properly to the power supply/motherboard.

-Wolf sends

Solution

When you get home check in the BIOS and be sure it shows up there. Then save and exit and load Windows, then go into Disk Management and see if shows up there.