WD Green 2TB HD (partly) not recognized by MSI Z170A-PC-MATE

videox

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Hi guys... As said, my problem is this: I have just connected four drives to this new mobo (haven't installed OS yet, Windows 7 x64 to come). In slot 1 is the system drive, in slot 2 biggest drive (a year old, from the title) and couple more drives in slots 3 & 4. Everthing was recognized but slot 2. I have then switched drive from slot 4 (10 years old drive) to slot 2 and WD drive to slot 4 and now all is recognized. But why it doesn't recognize when WD is in slot 2?

Solution
Hi there videox,

That is strange. :)
Have you tried to attach the WD Green drive to slot 2 once again? Probably it wasn't properly seated/connected the first time.
All of these ports are SATA 3 ones right? (you can check that out in the manual) See if there's any difference between those.

Keep in mind that it is always a good idea to back up the data stored on the drives. One of them is quite old. :)

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there videox,

That is strange. :)
Have you tried to attach the WD Green drive to slot 2 once again? Probably it wasn't properly seated/connected the first time.
All of these ports are SATA 3 ones right? (you can check that out in the manual) See if there's any difference between those.

Keep in mind that it is always a good idea to back up the data stored on the drives. One of them is quite old. :)

Cheers,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS