WD Green 3TB shuts internet etc...

Feb 4, 2019
Ok so i have weird problem. I have 3tb wd green from my old pc - i dont even remember to using it but whatewer XD
I insert it into my new mashine and after fwe seconds web browser seems not to see internet connection, i cant acces computer, downloads, documents and so on. total comander cant access it, hd tune and crystal disc cant access it - those barely turn on with wd green 3tb inserted.

Ofc i can go to some service but i want to know sth more and learn maby something.

Here is my spesc if needed:

MSI x470 gaming m7 ac
ryzen 2600x smt turned off
32gb ram 2x16 4000mhz
2 TB wd blue x2
2 ssd 512 wd
1 NVME M2 WD 1TB
Radeon rx470 4gb
power suply Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W

Andy ideas? I cant diagnose it coz none of the diagnostic programs runs. Even when i wont turn off or turn on computer with him it just noever happends...

Lutfij

Titan
How old is that Thermaltake Toughpower PSU? Have you tried connecting the HDD to another known functional donor system? You can try changing cables(data and power) to see if that revives the drive. I'd also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard.

if four different PCs are having issues accessing the drive, it's time to accept this $40 loss and move on....

3 TB drives were a notorious reliability weakspot with several manufacturers, so it was only a matter of time.

Replace with an HGST 4 TB drive for $120, and call it a day...