Question WD green ssd very slow

May 18, 2019
i have a wd green ssd (WDS240G2G0B) and for some reason its very slow
here are crystal disk mark score with nothing running in the background
VfWDKnw.png

is this normal for a ssd to be this slow or am i doing something wrong over here?

system specs
I7 8750h
8GB 2666mhz single channel memory
Gtx 1060
WD green 250 gb ssd main drive

Last edited:
May 18, 2019
Greens are cacheless and pretty-much bottom of the barrel when it comes to SSDs.

Replacing it with a Samsung EVO sounds like a good move.

yes i do understand they greens are very bad but they are the only SSDs i can afford here (everything overprced here) and the speeds i am getting are worse than others users so i wanted to know wat are they doing and i am not

Lots of folks complaining on the Green SSDs, although the benchmark numbers look good when they are used as simple secondary storage drives, they are rumored to rival the speed of molasses in January when used as an OS drive due to lack of write cache...

I doubt your CrstalDIskMark numbers achieved are really fixable....

May 18, 2019
c93665ce55452aaff8f4379f767d7eaae74f6fb7.png

this a benchmark from another user see how his 4k reads are higher than mine and i am even running only 2gb per test. Yes the green is really bad but mines just seems to be worse

May 18, 2019
i wouldn't be worrying about if the task ppl do in 9 mins my ssd did in 45 (installing game ) so yes its definitely a concern for me as i was planning to upgrade my ram now considering instead to upgrade my ssd

TRENDING THREADS