[SOLVED] WD Hard Drive Slowing Computer Down + Not properly recognizing

May 5, 2020
I recently built a gaming PC for myself. Everything is hooked up together and working fine. However, I’m experiencing troubles with my 4 TB WD Hard Drive. It’s currently not hooked up (I have my two Samsung SSD‘s so it’s not the worst thing ever lmao). The reason being is because every time I boot my computer up, it’s SOOO much slower. Like, I ain’t tech savvy or anything, but obviously there’s a problem when my HHD is making my computer slower... like, it sorta recognizes it, but then when I try to like y’know, add it, and actually utilize it alongside my SSD’s, it gives me a damn error.

Anyways, don’t really know if this matters but I’ve got a ROG STRIX X570-EGAMING motherboard, 2080 Ti GeForce Graphics Card, and then a AMD Ryzen 3900X 9 12 core CPU. I would imagine those are the only things that could possibly interfere? No clue. Literally, this is my first build so I wouldn’t have any knowledge lmao. Anyways, I can list the rest of my parts if need be.

So yeah, if anyone has got some recommendations on what to do next, it would help lots.
Thanks.

popatim

Titan
Use a program to check the drive's SMART, like CrystalDiskInfo, and link us to a screenshot of the reults that you've hosted on an image sharing site, such as imgur.

The issue you describe sounds like what happens when a drive has failing sectors it's trying to resolve and sometimes gets hung up on.

May 5, 2020
Use a program to check the drive's SMART, like CrystalDiskInfo, and link us to a screenshot of the reults that you've hosted on an image sharing site, such as imgur.

The issue you describe sounds like what happens when a drive has failing sectors it's trying to resolve and sometimes gets hung up on.

Alright, so I booted my computer up in CSM mode and it detected the hard drive, however while attempting to initialize it, it said "The request could not be performed because of an I/O error"??? Also, downloaded the thingy you suggested, didn't help much since I couldn't initialize in the first place. View: https://imgur.com/a/LJvveij
I really appreciate the help, though.

What should I do now?