[SOLVED] WD HD

marcycn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015
I need to replace my Aacer Aspire ES1-711 WD Sata HD. I don't remember how big the one in the laptop is (close to 1TB I think) and I can't get into the laptop to find out. What HD do I buy to replace it? I know nothing about the new SSD and think I would just rather stick with the old type Sata. It would help if I had specific info to look for. :) TIA

Solution
I can't get into the computer OS at all no matter what I have tried. I can't even get it to go into safe mode.

Would this work? WD Green 1TB Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5 Inch /7mm - WDS100T2G0A
If you take HDD out you can read on it's sticker. Anyway if it's SATA disk any SATA SSD would fit and work, You will have to reinstall OS of course.
A normal SSD is SATA. So it would have the same exact connectors as your HD.

SSDs are MUCH faster than HD's at loading ANYTHING on your PC. I would get an SSD unless you are on such a tight budget that a HD is the only option.

Also your going to have to get into the computer to replace the HD anyways. But you can check the size of your HD by going to File Explorer then "This PC" and right click on the drive, and go to properties. And there it will tell you the size of the HD.

marcycn

Honorable
Apr 2, 2015
A normal SSD is SATA. So it would have the same exact connectors as your HD.

SSDs are MUCH faster than HD's at loading ANYTHING on your PC. I would get an SSD unless you are on such a tight budget that a HD is the only option.

Also your going to have to get into the computer to replace the HD anyways. But you can check the size of your HD by going to File Explorer then "This PC" and right click on the drive, and go to properties. And there it will tell you the size of the HD.

I can't get into the computer OS at all no matter what I have tried. I can't even get it to go into safe mode.

Would this work? WD Green 1TB Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5 Inch /7mm - WDS100T2G0A

Reactions: Jason H.

If you take HDD out you can read on it's sticker. Anyway if it's SATA disk any SATA SSD would fit and work, You will have to reinstall OS of course.

Reactions: Jason H.
Solution
I can't get into the computer OS at all no matter what I have tried

Oh I thought you meant you couldnt get into the actual pc. I was like, well hows he gonna replace the drive lol.

But yea I would get an SSD. Any typical SSD will work with sata. That drive you chose should work fine. I would prefer maybe a Samsung EVO 860 or better, not sure how the performance of that WD Green is but either route it will be MUCH better than your current HD.

And yes, you will have to reinstall windows on the new drive, of course.