[SOLVED] WD "international warranty" not accepted if from Israel

system100m

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2014
I recently bought a WD Blue 4TB which appeared to be defective. I registered the product to my WD account and started a chat with support. I've been instructed to create an RMA, but when trying so, the option on the website was blocked for me. After chatting to a few representatives, I was told that international support is BLOCKED for products bought in Israel, and was referred to the store I bought it from. What a bummer!!

WD - why do you say you have international support when you DON'T ?!?

Also, does anyone know if Seagate DO provide REAL international support and if I'll be able to RMA them from Israel if needed?

Solution
RMA policy may differ for each country...it depends on what laws you got there
if they tell you that no direct RMA with manufacturer, then it means seller is responsible to take care of RMA process
i live in EU and we have same thing here...something not working, u call store they pick it up and up to month later replacement incomming (if RMA succesfull)
RMA policy may differ for each country...it depends on what laws you got there
if they tell you that no direct RMA with manufacturer, then it means seller is responsible to take care of RMA process
i live in EU and we have same thing here...something not working, u call store they pick it up and up to month later replacement incomming (if RMA succesfull)

Solution