[SOLVED] WD My Book on Windows 10 ---- files disappear & then re-appear ?

Aqol45

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2013
Hi
I have just purchased a WD 3tb Mybook external HD & connected to my win10 PC
I have transferred around 500gb of my music files to drive - however every folder i open, all files immediately disappear, then one by one they re-appear. It’s very annoying especially if there are loads of files in folder
Any ideas?

Solution
Any AV scans going on?

Indexing?

File icons: generic or perhaps being downloaded/updated to appear as album covers etc..

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor (one or the other but not both at the same time) so you can watch what the system is doing.

Open the tool first. Drag the window to one side, leaving the window open and visible. Wait a few minutes until the system is stable.

Then go to the WD Mybook as usual and open a folder. Watch what the system is doing (or maybe not doing) as the files disappear and reappear.

Ralston18

Titan
Any AV scans going on?

Indexing?

File icons: generic or perhaps being downloaded/updated to appear as album covers etc..

Open either Task Manager or Resource Monitor (one or the other but not both at the same time) so you can watch what the system is doing.

Open the tool first. Drag the window to one side, leaving the window open and visible. Wait a few minutes until the system is stable.

Then go to the WD Mybook as usual and open a folder. Watch what the system is doing (or maybe not doing) as the files disappear and reappear.

Solution