WD My Passport Ultra HDD Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

HERETIC-1

Commendable
Aug 18, 2016
Hi Chris,
Even as a commodity product,would be nice to know-How many platters in 4TB?
and power use? can it run off a USB2 port-2.5Watt??????????

betam4x

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
I purchased the Seagate 4TB backup plus for $109 from Sam's Club. Like most Purch sites these days, this seems like nothing more than a cash grab by Tom's hardware (via the Amazon Affiliate links in the article)...western digital arriving over a year late and their drive is priced similarly to 6 GB offerings from Seagate...

betam4x

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Somehow the words 'over a year ago' got left out. My first 4TB backup plus was purchased over a year ago for $109. I distrust both WD and Seagate since both have had issues in the past, but Seagate's backup plus has made me a believer. It is extremely small and does not require external power. WD's offering costs more than Seagate's 6TB offering...over a year later. I have 2 of the 4TB Seagate drives and I'm happy with them.

Side note: I actually read tom's hardware from the mid 90s until they were acquired. Then I stopped reading. For good reason apparently. Purch is turning all their properties into nothing more than money making machines....god help them...I've got something in the works that is going to make them wish they had cared more about readers and less about profits...and this isn't my first rodeo in the biz...it's time they stopped pushing the all might dollar as the #1 and start focusing on the reason TH, AT, etc were so popular in the first place...

Status
Not open for further replies.