Question wd10ezrz internal hdd 1tb [not working]

Striker1

Reputable
Aug 10, 2020
So, the problem appeared just after i woke up, i run my pc I opened the start menu I saw my game with no icon, so i immediately checked my pc I found only the SSD i have is working but no other drivers, so I went to disk management i saw no other devices, i cant do unallocated or anything, i checked in BIOS, i didn't see anything, i opened it to check if the pointer [read head] is stuck or anything, i saw it good without any problem, i switched the SATA with my SSD , it worked fine but the HDD is not working, also i switched the power cable nothing worked. is there any help or anything should i do

Thanks ^^

Leptir

Reputable
Oct 29, 2019
also i switched the power cable nothing worked

I take it you meant to say you switched the power cables with the SSD and the HD... and the SSD did work but not the HD. Because, otherwise, as written, it would have been crystal clear that you have a bad power cable or maybe even a bad PSU.

So, if your SSD was working when you switched the SATA and power cables, but not the HD, and you checked the BIOS and Disk Management, it seems to me you've tried everything there is to try. Bad HD, end of story. If you really want to be 110% sure, you could try connecting that HD to another computer or a laptop (with a SATA to USB adapter).

Reactions: Striker1

Striker1

Reputable
Aug 10, 2020
I take it you meant to say you switched the power cables with the SSD and the HD... and the SSD did work but not the HD. Because, otherwise, as written, it would have been crystal clear that you have a bad power cable or maybe even a bad PSU.

So, if your SSD was working when you switched the SATA and power cables, but not the HD, and you checked the BIOS and Disk Management, it seems to me you've tried everything there is to try. Bad HD, end of story. If you really want to be 110% sure, you could try connecting that HD to another computer or a laptop (with a SATA to USB adapter).

Actually, i did, and i guess its the end of it 4 years of survival life ended, i appreciate your help and what the HD did for me all this time. i did every solution even i opened it and tried to fix everything but still its done.

i stole my dad's HD ;) now everything is good